The good and the bad

Well, this week has been a mixed bag.<P>The good: converted the AC in my "White-89" to R134 - works great.<P>Also, got an entire set of wood grain trim for the dash/console/doors from Speedway in Phoenix. Looks great with the blue interior!<P>The bad: my mechanics told me that the AC compressor in "Red-88" wasn't getting power. No "low refrigerant" warnings, just alot of hot air...<P>Anyway, I decided to check codes before going back to the shop, hoping I might isolate the problem.<P>My touchscreen has always been intermittent, so I took the plunge and removed it from the dash, checked connections, etc. Figured it would make solving the AC problem easier.<P>You guessed it - now the CRT doesn't work either. The functions still work if you know where to touch, but all the hard buttons as well as the CRT are dark.<P>Any help with either appreciated. bjh

The bad news and the good news.<P>The CRT seems to have the problems you describle. Some seem to work forever, others give up. Call Rex Service (708-448-5558) and get shipping instructions. They recondition/rebuild all types of CRT's and their price is about half what the service centers charge. You can expect the bill to be about $100.<P>If you have a manual, locate the low pressure switch and determine if it is getting power, or jumper the switch and see if the compressor kicks in..