Sign in to follow this  
OldsDoug

Should there be a separate "Events" forum?

Moderators (and members),

Should there be a separate "Events" forum (or several) here?

Or an "Events" area, with different classifications for shows, swap meets, races, etc?

Should it be limited to AACA or AACA chapter events? Or stuff from all car clubs? Or commercial events as well... sometimes commercial organizations and/or city/town governments hold car shows...

Should it be limited to free events, or at least free-for-spectators events? Some car clubs, to my surprise, collect spectator admission fees... I was once astonished to drive an hour and a half to a show sponsored by a street rod club, only to find out they charged $3 a head for spectators... astonished because the Oldsmobile Club's insurance specifically forbade charging a spectator admission...

Thoughts?

If someone posts info about a show or swap meet, I generally sticky that post till it's over. I think some of the other moderators do that too Doug. That way whatever your specific car interest is, you find out about the stuff.

I think any promotion of a car event(aaca or not)is good.you never know who will show up at these events.i myself have a website for middle tennessee area called nashvillecarshows.tripod.com/.new people in the hobby show up at anything and i usaually carry with me membership forms for the riviera owners association.i've had a few sign up to the club.alot of times people will not show up at events just because of lack of knowledge.

Jeff Mealer

Mt Juliet,TN