Starting a new wiper thread

The other is getting too long, all this talk about them prompted me to pull my raggedy tag box of ws stuff out, and really take a look at it. It looks as if Bill is right again, what a fantastic wealth of information and knowledge this man provides us, we are fortunate indeed. Almost all of the parts I have left are the type with the threaded post, requiring a special nut to secure it, and sure enugh, all of those towers, Z and C, are marked '40. I was surprised that the '40 Connie towers have provision for WS washers, I had thought just the postwar Connies had that. What I came up with was 4 arms like in Jeff's picture in the previous thread, these are the Right hand side for a '40-'48, I have 3 of the Left hand side arms, and one very similar but with slightly different holes?? The R&L Connie arms are different, they are essentially straight, the left having a couple of doglegs in it. The towers themselves for the Z's are not marked R or L, and to my eye they all look the same, one pair is still on the underdash arms that connect to the motor, and they also seem to be the same, and the housings are mared '40LZ. On to the arms that connect to the towers, and the wiper blades. The ones that connect to the threaded tower posts have holes in them, I have 4 7 1/2 ones and one 9 1/2 one that is probally the '40 Z arm in the catalog that is listed for that year only, interested Jeff?? A big $10 makes it yours, I have 2 9 1/2" push on arms, and number of odd balls that can be modified to work when all the gennies are gone, I have some guesses about what years the arms are for, but you '36 to '39 guys measure yours, and we will see if there are differences-

BOZ WAS TROUBLED WITH THE PROPERLY DESCRIBED "WIPER TRANSMISSION" OR WIPER "LINKAGE" LOCATED UNDER THE DASH.. NOT THE WIPER "TOWERS" THAT IT CONNECTS..(I THINK)

41 AND NEWER HAD "MODERN STYLE" PRESS-ON WIPER ARMS.

40 AND OLDER HAD NARROW, SPLINED SHAFTS, THREADED AND REQUIRING A FANCY CHROME NUT TO RETAIN THE ARM...

I HAVE FOUND ALL KINDS OF CLOSE ENOUGH TO WORK TYPE ARMS AND BLADES, AND MINE FUNCTION..MY QUESTION WAS OF THE LENGTH..FROM FACTORY (TRICO)

Ok Mike, thank you, I think the mystery is solved, the wiper arm on the side where it has the special nut, by your tape is 7 1/2" long, this corresponds to the ones I have, so they are probally correct for at least '36, but maybe up to '39, we know '40's are 9 1'2" and bolt on, '41's and up are 9 1'2" and push on, so the push on arm you have is probally wrong, but how is the nub where that arm attaches fastened to your tower?? If it is a after-market piece that screws on to the threaded stud, you could remove it, and put an original 7 1/2" arm and nut on it, and be just like the other side, and original '36, but if someone has replaced the '36 stud with a push on type, that could be a problem, but you could make the longer push on type shorter to 7 1/2", like the other side, and be closer to original, way 'nuff said-