Reatta Remote

I have a remote door opener for my car (previous owner lost back) Does anyone have any recommendations on how to get it to work. I tried a buick dealer and they want about $200. I would love to have it work.

Guest Brolliar

Lillian, this page on the internet tells how to train your remote.<A HREF="http://www.reatta.net/faq.html#REMOTE" TARGET=_blank>http://www.reatta.net/faq.html#REMOTE</A><P>From that page:<P>From the trunk, pull down the left side cover. You should be able to see a green wire with a spade-type connector on the end. First the ignition has to be in the on position. Then after you connect the green wire to ground and hear the door locks cycle // lock//unlock , you push the unlock button on the remote ,then push it again about 2 secs. later. If programing only one transmitter then do this again right away. If you are programing two different transmitters the do one then the other , then disconnect the green ground wire. This has to be completed within 30 secs. from the time you ground the green wire. Then check results, if not working repeat procedure.

Dick,<P>I have two remotes for my '90. One works, the other doesn't. Have tried new battery etc. Would doing what you say above bring this unit back to life?? I assume it wouldn't affect the good one, right??<P>Chuck

Guest Brolliar

Ccar, if both remotes are good the above procedure should make both work. Naturally if one remote doesn't send out a signal or sends out a bad signal the procedure would not help. Performing the procedure should not affect the remote that works. It would just again tell the Reatta to recognize this remote.