January Bugle - Kudos to Pete Phillips

serb

Pete,

As usual you did a great, no FANTASTIC job with the Bugle. I for one and I know there are about 7 or 8 thousand more, that appreciate the wonderful publication that you put together amongst all the other interests that you have.

I see quite a few newsletters and publications but none are as professional as the Bugle under your command. It is refreshing to read something that is not peppered with typos and poor grammar. I know that mistakes can happen but you must find all of them.

Again, GREAT JOB.

Stevo

Guest imported_Thriller

You got it already Roberta? Did you give a postal worker a piece of your mind or something? grin.gif

Well, if it's showing up there, I should have it in about a week...can't wait.

Guest Reatta1

Got mine a couple days ago but just pulled it out of the plastic this morning. Couldn't agree more with all the above. Great job. I ALWAYS enjoy reading the Bugle.

Thanks very much for the comments--it is appreciated. The January issue owes a lot to Bugle Art Director Cindy Livingston, who spent a lot of time on those cut-outs of each model that Buick made for 1914 and 1913, from the original catalogue I gave her. And I like the way she used the colors from the sales brochure throughout the color pages of the magazine, so I can't take all of the credit! It was a super layout job.

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

Pete,

If it was a team effort between you and Cindy, then both of you are to be commended. The fact of the matter is that the Bugle has shown a whole lot of improvement under your editorship (is that a word?)and is more than a first class undertaking, it is stupendous!!

Thanks to you and Cindy.

Stevo

Guest 70 Electra

Yes, I agree January is a great issue! Thanks, Pete!!

BTW, can't believe it didn't arrive until 1/15, several days after I learned about a fellow on west coast that had not only got his copy, but had purchased a car from the classifieds. Now how can someone in the Pacific NW receive the magazine before the Detroit area?? Where is it mailed from?

My oh my, what a wonderful Bugle this month again.

Hats off to the keepers of the Bugle that we hold so near and dear!

jbbuick22, You are right that the early 6 cylinder had separate jugs. They were cast with two cylinders per jug so there were 3 sets of jugs for a 6 cylinder.

Also, there is no head to remove as the valves are in cages that are removable. Thus a "mono head". The later engines also had this feature but the jugs were one casting for all 6 cylinders. Thus a "Mono Block"

Ain't technology grand! I like to study the impovements/failuers made in the early years and what was done to try to make things better. grin.gif

Dave! smile.gif

Guest imported_MrEarl

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: edalfa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Still haven't gotten mine(trouble with mail delivery). What's on the cover?

Ed </div></div>

post-32987-143137964682_thumb.jpg

Thanks! Post Office issues. I'm missing bills, a letter of reference, a letter from my attorney and, most importantly, The Bugle. UGH!

Ed

Guest DELTAWINGFLYER

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 70 Electra</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes, I agree January is a great issue! Thanks, Pete!!

BTW, can't believe it didn't arrive until 1/15, several days after I learned about a fellow on west coast that had not only got his copy, but had purchased a car from the classifieds. Now how can someone in the Pacific NW receive the magazine before the Detroit area?? Where is it mailed from? </div></div>

Chalk one up for the west coast guys ,

not only that ,it was a sweet car 60 Buick 2dr ,

9500 orignal miles, thats right 9500 ,

and priced right on the money,

minty car cant wait to see it ....