sun roof question

Roadster90

I have been looking for a "non red", low miles 91 coupe with a sun roof and 16 ways for several years ..with no luck of course. Anyway, I was speaking with another member who has a sunroof on one of his Reattas recently. He suggested that with my height, and a combed hair - no hair out of place attitude that I have, that I would be entirely unhappy with the Reatta Sunroof....if this is a reality for me (I have never driven a Reatta with a hole in the roof) I would not want it. This would make it much easier to find that 91 coupe by only having the 16 way seat option, low miles, and no red colors as the slimmed down requirements.

Do others experience wind tunnel conditions with the sunroof open?

Guest MauiWowee

Nic, I have no experience with sunroofed Reattas either, however as a vertically gifted person myself the issue has never been one of too much air.

The problem is that the sunroof cars have less head room. cool.gif

Nic…

Hi, I have read the same thing over the years, But I don’t understand …

I am 6’-5” lots of hair, and never a problem. I have head room, not enough to have a hat on, but since getting out of the military, long ago, that’s never crossed my mind. If you have hair, why would you want a hat….?

I do have “16 way seat” in my Black 91, so headroom may be an issue with a regular seat.

Keep looking for what you really want, I’m glad I did… :)KennyV.

Hey Nic! Happy New Year!

My 89 has a sunroof and it worked when I first got the car back in VA. I loved it. I'm a girl and I never had any hair issues with it. I drove it through the tunnel from Norfolk to Newport News and on I64 with the roof open and there was never much suction or wind caused by it. It was actually quieter than driving with the windows down. I miss it - it finally died a couple years ago and I haven't been able to afford to fix it yet. If I still lived in VA, I'd let you test drive mine to see whatcha think! :-)

Kristen...after knowing you for roughly 4 years, and assuming that you are a GIRL, I certainly HOPE you are smile.gif.

Actually, I would have to say a very special and "easy on the eyes" Blonde WOMAN smile.gif.

Anyway, thanks KHowie and Hapy New Year back at you. Did you ever look up Padgett Peterson...I feel confident he would either attempt to help you, or point you in the right direction to get help if he couldn't? Give him a shout in a P.M. He is still in Flordia somewhere...probably not far from you.

And thanks to all for the replies....I feel I may want to still try a sunroof equipped coupe before I totally dismiss......help greatly appreciated smile.gif

Nic

Guest Dan Cook

Nic;

The Reatta I recently bought has a sun roof. No problem with the hair situation. I had no hair out of place attitude until I opened the sunrof at 85 mph, woosh, it was sucked right out the top.

My wife says I look like Bruce Willis now. I think she likes him better anyway.

Dan

Hey Nic I must be the only one, since the opening of the sunroof is right over the middle of my head, and when its open it seems to suck the hair on the right side of my head up and out, and my hair isn't that long.

As far as the head room I'm 5'-10" and I can feel the hair on top of my head rub on the head liner, so I would suspect that the taller folks must lay the seat back, I know the younger crowd likes to almost lay down when driving but I don't, so I lay the seat back just enough so my hair doesn't touch. Remember this is just my opinion and you may find that you would like one with a sun roof.

Guest Dan Cook

Thats where the 16 way is nice. I'm 6' so I lower the seat to where it is comfortable.

My head doesn't touch the head liner but it won't get my hair back.