What is Your Wife's Involvement in your Old Car Hobby?

Guest BJM

Guest Mark Golding

I guess I'm one of the Lucky guys, My wife has helped me when I need it no matter if it's getting a small part out of the bottom of a transmission pan dipping those little hands into the greasy mess or helping decorate the inside of the Bus or my old Model T. She has been my constant companion on restoring anything and everything. We have worked on our daily driver and our 1962 Bristol Bus side by side. She helped rebuild the engines and helped keep me under control of over spending on the projects.

If you came by the bus last year at Hershey you can see her handy work in the curtains and seat covers She's now working on the seats down stairs. I'm hoping to be able to bring the bus back to Herhsy this year and maybe she will come along.

Shop Rat my wife wants to meet you! I told her about you seeing the bus arrive last year.

Don't hang around much anymore, but cannot resist this topic. On a scale of one to ten, Sally must be about an eleven. She owns several mopeds and cars, has won several 1st Juniors and Seniors, won Master Editor award for region newsletter, is a Senior Master Judge with over 125 credits including being Chief Judge for three National Meets and one AGNM, won two National awards for her judging, has participated on over 30 National tours, attended 25 AACA Annual Meetings in Philadelphia, and is currently the President of the AACA Library and Research Center. We tried several hobbies over our 40+ years of marriage and could not find one we both liked until we got our 1934 Chevy and really got involved in the antique vehicle hobby - big time! We hope to have her 1927 Marmon finished this year.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mark Golding</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Shop Rat my wife wants to meet you! I told her about you seeing the bus arrive last year. </div></div>

Great, I would like to meet her also. We plan to be there so bring her along and we will stop by to say hi. She did a nice job with the upstairs.