Heater core for 65 Riv

gmdbhornet

Guest musclecarfan65

good question. looking on the online store sites from the sellers i normally order parts from they offer only heater cores highlighted as "for A/C" cars. i ordered 1 today and will keep you updated. BTW i pulled out my A/C completely but i think i will leave the evaporator in when i replace the heater core.

my assumption is that there is no real difference on the heater cores between the non A/C and A/C cars.

Classic Buicks list one heater core for all 63 - 65 Rivieras and the same part number for 63 - 68 LeSabre, Electra, Wildcat without air, but a different part number for the 63-68 LeSabre, Electra, Wildcat with air. Go figure. Which everone you get, just make sure the tubes are long enough. Some are too short to get the heater hose on adequately.

Ed

There's a heater core for a 1st generation Riviera on ebay right now. From the other ads this company is running, which shows a different core for each application, I would hope that the photo in the ad is an actual picture, not just something representative. How does the lengths of the tubes on the ebay item compare to what you got from CARS?

Here's the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/63-64-65-...sspagenameZWDVW

Here's the company name and, I assume, their phone number:

Airpartsstore 877-542-8192

$40.00 cheaper than what I saw listed at Classic Buicks.

Ed

Guest musclecarfan65

i expect my heater core (for A/C cars) to fit in my A/C car but nevertheless i will keep you updated as soon as i receive the heater core.