88-89 high end sound

D-a-n-i-e-l

I was wondering if any one would be interested in knowing how to get great sound in their Reatta without losing control of the radio from the touch screan.

If so the key is to find a 1996 Caddilac with the bose sound system. The Radio box (located in the trunk) can be controlled by our system. You lose the 7 band EQ and balance, but nothing else.

Now for the down and dirty of why. The Caddy radio does not have a built in amplifier, this means no bass roll-off, that delco and others are famous for. This means that it alone will not power speakers, but the outputs from the radio box can be spliced into RCA cables and ran directly to an aftermarket amp.

I have been trying to find a way around the bass roll off of our radios ever sense I bought the car. Now I have coplete controll and great sound with out going to an afermarket deck.

If any one would like a more indepth write up or more info just let me know

Guest MauiWowee

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nx2000t99</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

If any one would like a more indepth write up or more info just let me know </div></div>

Please do. cool.gif

No the bose system in the Riv isjust like ours, the radio brain has a built in amp with the bass roll off issue.

The bs roll-off is intended to protect the cheap factory speakers from damaging bass at higher volumes. But when the speakers are upgraded or even just replaced by non-factory speakers the bass roll-off is a killer for good sound. At high levels, and you will find yourself adjusting your EQ/tone constantly.