Sign in to follow this  
JWC

A 1990 conv. painted yellow?....YUCK

I like yellow for small muscle cars. The big wheels/tires somehow set off the yellow and give it that, "Dance like a butterfly, sting like a bee" thing. But Bumble, the touch I really like was matching the fuel rail cover to the paint. With your permission, I'd like to use that on one of mine.

Nice Reatta. I'm usually one for graphics but they're tasteful on your coupe. Are the side pipes functional?

I do admit, it looks nice, but only to a point. Then it makes me want to gag. Whomever thought that one up should be slapped. I like yellow on some sports cars, but it is not ment to be on a classy Reatta. Reattas should be left in their normal colors they came in, from the factory, or something from the same year of the Reatta. I love the original classy colors of black with tan, and white with gray, as well as the other colors.

Keep them lookin' classy!

I do like the yellow. It makes the tail lights stand out. It would catch alot of attention, but the tan should be changed to black. I am just happy they didn't ricer it out. (lol just kidding)

It is the yellow and tan combo that makes you want to barf.

Were there any stock Reatta interior colors that would look good with a yellow paint job?

dnt-

Not really IMO. The factory choices from 88-90 were:

Saddle Tan

Dark Blue

Burgundy

Grey

1991 added Flame Red (replaced burgundy?)

Also, the 90/91 had a different color grey than the 88/89

Now, convertibles had an option for white interior not available on coupes. This would work I guess, but would almost need a white top or you'd have the three color clash. Besides, I find white interiors are impractical for anything but a show car that gets very limited use. Too hard to keep them from getting dingy looking.

The only interior colors I think would look decent with a yellow paint job are black and yellow, though this is just my opinion. Maybe a dark charcoal grey wouldn't be too bad.

Of the available colors other than white, the 1991 red might be the least offensive with the yellow paint job, not that it would look good necessarily. I have seen old Cadillacs with red interior/Cameo Ivory (kind of a butter yellow, not bright yellow) exterior and they didn't look horrid.

Bottom line, it's too bad they didn't offer black from the factory.

KDirk

No, the side pipes are not functional. I put them on for appearance and to protect the paint.