Sign in to follow this  
JWC

A 1990 conv. painted yellow?....YUCK

Doesn't actually look that bad till you see the saddle tan interior. If you showed it, you could dub it 'The Bumble Bee' smirk.gif

I admire the yellow and black top, but as mentioned, the tan interior ought to be black (there should have been a black option from the factory)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 63viking</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Make you want to throw up. </div></div>

The Ebay buyers do not think so as the bid is now over three thousand.

You sound like a bunch of interior decorators, go have an appletini and try and get over it.

Jim Too

Over three grand for a vert? the cheapest one I have found is aroun 7 grand and it was trashed with 150,000 miles,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 63viking</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That only show you what kind of taste they have.

How much did you bid? </div></div>

I already have a Reatta so I did not bid. But if I didn't and was looking for a convert., the yellow would not deter me. And while a yellow Reatta is not going to win any awards for maintaining original condition, there are certainly enough high-end sport cars that are yellow and eye-catchers.

I agree this is not the best looking one I have ever seen but at the 2003 meet in Flint there was a coupe there painted yellow with black stripes and the interior had been redone in yellow and black with as I recall bumble bee accents. It was a VERY nice looking car. I think the owner was from Ohio and hope he brings it again this summer to Flint.

Last New Car I ever bought was a 1971 Karmann Ghia Drop Top. It was finished in Bright Yellow (forget the name of the yellow, but it was reeeeal Bright), and had a Black top and Black Interior ...... Most folks thought it was a real "Looker", but more importantly >>>>>> the Girls/Women absolutely loved it............... grin.gif

The orig. color was black, don't get me wrong a black top and yellow body isn't the problem, it's the tan and yellow color combination.

I thoroghly agree, John!

Yellow looks hot, (the most popular ($) color at Barrett-Jackson last year), but the tan interior kills it.

" ...i see a yellow/tan Reatta, and i want to paint it yellow/black..."

At this stage it would probably be easier, and cheaper, to change the interior color.

$6150 and only 2 hours left, hurry up and bid if you like that color combo.

P.S. I always wondered why people would bid early and drive the price up on eBay, if you want a good deal wait until the last min. and then bid, if every one did this yes there would be a surge at the end but you wouldn't be driving the price up all week long and then a big surge at the end, unless you are bidding on some thing of mine, then start bidding the 1st day I list it to drive the price up.

I decide what I'm willing to spend and bid that. No sense hanging around and fretting over it. If I win, good. If not, I wasn't going to spend that much anyway.

If the interior was black it would be worth it.

Great looking car! I like it. What are the wheels you have on it?