A 1990 conv. painted yellow?....YUCK

JWC

Guest Reatta1

Doesn't actually look that bad till you see the saddle tan interior. If you showed it, you could dub it 'The Bumble Bee' smirk.gif

Guest F14CRAZY

I admire the yellow and black top, but as mentioned, the tan interior ought to be black (there should have been a black option from the factory)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 63viking</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Make you want to throw up. </div></div>

The Ebay buyers do not think so as the bid is now over three thousand.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 63viking</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That only show you what kind of taste they have.

How much did you bid? </div></div>

I already have a Reatta so I did not bid. But if I didn't and was looking for a convert., the yellow would not deter me. And while a yellow Reatta is not going to win any awards for maintaining original condition, there are certainly enough high-end sport cars that are yellow and eye-catchers.

I agree this is not the best looking one I have ever seen but at the 2003 meet in Flint there was a coupe there painted yellow with black stripes and the interior had been redone in yellow and black with as I recall bumble bee accents. It was a VERY nice looking car. I think the owner was from Ohio and hope he brings it again this summer to Flint.

Last New Car I ever bought was a 1971 Karmann Ghia Drop Top. It was finished in Bright Yellow (forget the name of the yellow, but it was reeeeal Bright), and had a Black top and Black Interior ...... Most folks thought it was a real "Looker", but more importantly >>>>>> the Girls/Women absolutely loved it............... grin.gif

$6150 and only 2 hours left, hurry up and bid if you like that color combo.

P.S. I always wondered why people would bid early and drive the price up on eBay, if you want a good deal wait until the last min. and then bid, if every one did this yes there would be a surge at the end but you wouldn't be driving the price up all week long and then a big surge at the end, unless you are bidding on some thing of mine, then start bidding the 1st day I list it to drive the price up.

I like yellow for small muscle cars. The big wheels/tires somehow set off the yellow and give it that, "Dance like a butterfly, sting like a bee" thing. But Bumble, the touch I really like was matching the fuel rail cover to the paint. With your permission, I'd like to use that on one of mine.

I do admit, it looks nice, but only to a point. Then it makes me want to gag. Whomever thought that one up should be slapped. I like yellow on some sports cars, but it is not ment to be on a classy Reatta. Reattas should be left in their normal colors they came in, from the factory, or something from the same year of the Reatta. I love the original classy colors of black with tan, and white with gray, as well as the other colors.

Keep them lookin' classy!

dnt-

Not really IMO. The factory choices from 88-90 were:

Saddle Tan

Dark Blue

Burgundy

Grey

1991 added Flame Red (replaced burgundy?)

Also, the 90/91 had a different color grey than the 88/89

Now, convertibles had an option for white interior not available on coupes. This would work I guess, but would almost need a white top or you'd have the three color clash. Besides, I find white interiors are impractical for anything but a show car that gets very limited use. Too hard to keep them from getting dingy looking.

The only interior colors I think would look decent with a yellow paint job are black and yellow, though this is just my opinion. Maybe a dark charcoal grey wouldn't be too bad.

Of the available colors other than white, the 1991 red might be the least offensive with the yellow paint job, not that it would look good necessarily. I have seen old Cadillacs with red interior/Cameo Ivory (kind of a butter yellow, not bright yellow) exterior and they didn't look horrid.

Bottom line, it's too bad they didn't offer black from the factory.

KDirk