I need help with a photo caption, for fun!

Tom Laferriere

Guest Skyking

Well, it looks like you're having trouble trying to start the car and the little boy is showing you what knob to turn, and your passenger is being taken by this display. Almost like Alice Kramden starting the car for Ralph using the bobbie-pin............

BTW, Tom, where in RI do you live?

"That's where that smell's coming from Mom!"

"You turn on the GPS with this button right here, sir."

"Well sir, we saw a few other old cars here yesterday. They went that way. You say you're "touring" and it's <span style="font-style: italic">fun</span>?"

"That's funny. When they pushed that button on Chitty it turned into a boat!"

"Look out mam', she's gonna BLOW!" smile.gif

"Shouldn't the bracket for the windshield be mounted a little lower? My dad has one, and it's located way down there. Yours must have been modified sometime in its past. Also, I think an oil-pressure gauge is a must for a car like this, especially if you're thinking of racing it... and if you were to stagger the seats a little bit, i.e. move the passenger seat back about 5 inches, your mechanic wouldn't need to exert so much to get out of your line of sight. Just my opinion, of course, you can do what you want, but if it were my car, that's what I would do. By the way... do you have a pit crew? My dad has one, but he won't let me be on it. I could get a few of my friends together, if'n you need one. Do you like my shirt? My mom said it didn't match my pants very well, but said it'd be okay if I wore it to the races, today... Hey, how fast does this car go, anyway? Are you using any kind of fuel additive, or octane booster? My dad says that's against the rules, but other guys do it all the time. I could probably find some if you want. I'm kind of hungry. Do you want a sandwich? My mom makes great sandwiches. She grows her own tomatoes and cucumbers in the back. My little brother hates cucumbers, but I don't. I could eat a million of 'em. My mom says they're good for you, but I like 'em anyway......"

Guest Moepar

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: West Peterson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"Shouldn't the bracket for the windshield be mounted a little lower? My dad has one, and it's located way down there. Yours must have been modified sometime in its past. Also, I think an oil-pressure gauge is a must for a car like this, especially if you're thinking of racing it... and if you were to stagger the seats a little bit, i.e. move the passenger seat back about 5 inches, your mechanic wouldn't need to exert so much to get out of your line of sight. Just my opinion, of course, you can do what you want, but if it were my car, that's what I would do. By the way... do you have a pit crew? My dad has one, but he won't let me be on it. I could get a few of my friends together, if'n you need one. Do you like my shirt? My mom said it didn't match my pants very well, but said it'd be okay if I wore it to the races, today... Hey, how fast does this car go, anyway? Are you using any kind of fuel additive, or octane booster? My dad says that's against the rules, but other guys do it all the time. I could probably find some if you want. I'm kind of hungry. Do you want a sandwich? My mom makes great sandwiches. She grows her own tomatoes and cucumbers in the back. My little brother hates cucumbers, but I don't. I could eat a million of 'em. My mom says they're good for you, but I like 'em anyway......" </div></div>Give that kid some ritalin!! laugh.gif

NO JUNIOR! DON'T PUSH THE RED BUTTON!!

Last time JR touched that button we couldn't turn off the car alarm for hours.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Moepar</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Give that kid some ritalin!! laugh.gif</div></div>

I was thinking the same thing!!!!!!!!!!! I have a nephew that was off the charts ADD and he was on that. And West's caption was my nephew coming down off of a dose of Ritalin.

Guest elmo39

My wife and i are raising our grandson he's on ritalin and i can tell you theres nothing funny about it. as for the caption ," Honey you told me you got rid of all the rodents"

Elmo

I did not write the caption poking fun at kids on ritalin. It was just meant to show the curiosity and enthusiasm kids have. I'm sorry if it hit a sore spot.

My wife is a primary school teacher and she was always successful in getting doctors to lower the amount of ritalin prescribed to the students in her class. To often the dosages are WAAAY too high. In one case, she got them to lower the dosage to one-fourth and the student did much better. But then, she is a teacher who always puts the kids interests first. Too many teachers demand that the dosages be increased because they don't want to deal with it (as a direct result of too many school districts making it impossible to teach properly anymore).

(Trust me, I was not making fun of kids on Ritalin either.

Until a person sees a wonderful child struggle with ADD or ADHD like my nephew did they have no idea who hard it is for them and how grateful they should be for a child that does not have that problem. I will tell you that my nephew is now a Deputy Sheriff here and I was told by his trainers that he is one of the top two recruits that have ever gone through the State Police Academy. So even kids with severe cases can turn out just great.)

Another caption. "That's one of those jumping spiders Mom."

Guest elmo39

West and Susan i'm sorry if i came across wrong , i never for a moment thought you were poking fun, i was just stating a fact.Susan thanks, what your nephew has acheived has given us a light at the end of the tunnel. my grandson is 9 and has ADHD,i'm coming up 68 and my wife is 64. some times we lose hope .once again sorry if i seemed to come to come across to strong

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Moepar</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I warned you not to pull his finger<span style="font-weight: bold">. . .</span>

laugh.gifcrazy.gif </div></div> sick.gif

Glad I wasn't drinking a beverage when I read this one. I would have to clean the screen.

Good one Moepar. smirk.gif

Guest ZondaC12

"Uh dad....dad...DAD!!!! I think...yep that's definitely the sheriff. They finally found you STEP ON IT!!!! Don't worry about me!"

"This shows you when you were, this shows you when you are, this shows you where you're going. Remember time circuits ON!"

"That there unleashes the hundred shot of NAHHHHS I put in for ya."

"HAHA I love how you haven't noticed that you haven't had oil pressure for...going on THREE minutes here!"

Guest Skyking

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Moepar</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I warned you not to pull his finger<span style="font-weight: bold">. . .</span>

laugh.gifcrazy.gif </div></div>

I think Mopar get's the prize!!

Oil pressure??? Model T Fords are a total splash oil system. No oil pump. No pressure gage. Not even an oil flow gage.

You could get an after market accessory oil line to help oil the main front bearing when climbing a hill though.

Kind of like watching the Movie "Sea Biscuit." Tractor on the track scene.

A two clinder John Deere D that Starts and sounds like a poorly tuned Model A Ford??? Someone needs to educate those sound guys! laugh.gif Dave!

Guest ZondaC12

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1DandyDaves</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oil pressure??? Model T Fords are a total splash oil system. No oil pump. No pressure gage. Not even an oil flow gage. </div></div>

oops blush.gif WELLLL it sounded good didnt it!!! laugh.gif

Guest Moepar

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skyking</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Moepar</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I warned you not to pull his finger<span style="font-weight: bold">. . .</span>

laugh.gifcrazy.gif </div></div>

I think Mopar get's the prize!! </div></div>Thanks!

Hey Susan - glad I didn't make you spew your drink. In threads like this, it's best to read first, drink last! whistle.gif

See dad,i told you not to put the brake pedal on the right side.

Ahhh the joys of family racing.You have a child as crew chief trying to understand 1920 automotive technology.A mom,who looks as though she was not invited to the purchase transaction of said race car.And then there is the dad.He mortgaged the house to pay for the expensive race car and doesn't have enough money to buy guy gas for it.The crew chief is pointing to the gas gauge and the "navigator" is trying her best to behave in the front of the child.

Jeff Mealer

Mt. Juliet,TN.