Sign in to follow this  
Dave@Moon

$100/barrel. What will it do?

To answer your question,"who the he$$ is getting raises?".Your congressman is frown.gif .

Jeff Mealer

Mt. Juliet,TN

Wayne, I'm in your category now at probably no more than 3,500 miles annually for all cars driven by my wife and self so it really doesn't create financial problems for me either. huh.gif

My wife and I car pool since she only works 2 mile north of me plus we drive 30 miles one way to get to work.

All I can say with these prices it sure is keeping us busy here where I work. But it is a good thing and a bad thing for us. We are so overloaded with work we can't meet customer schedules that sales promises them.

Same thing here Tom. I just turned down 5 trucking loads for delivery on Sunday! crazy.gif

My people are already stressed form the heavy holiday rush.

That's ok though. Those China men can't get their trucks over here to cut our throat! smile.gif

Wayne

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: myrivnot4sale</div><div class="ubbcode-body">To answer your question,"who the he$$ is getting raises?".Your congressman is frown.gif .

Jeff Mealer

Mt. Juliet,TN </div></div>

Yea, them and state workers. There was an article in today's paper were a state employee was caught using a state plow to clean his driveway during the last storm. Here's a guy making $1200.00 + a week that will have to take a 15 day leave without pay. He's already been caught before using a state truck to haul firewood to his house.

Aren't they called perks, Bob?

Even our Congressmen are forever using their connections and authorities to make a little money on the side. In their case, its lots of money, on the side. crazy.gifsmile.gif

Wayne

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Yea, them and state workers. There was an article in today's paper were a state employee was caught using a state plow to clean his driveway during the last storm. Here's a guy making $1200.00 + a week that will have to take a 15 day leave without pay. </div></div>

It was 15 years ago, but when I worked for the State of PA <span style="text-decoration: underline">no one</span> drove a salt truck that made more than $20,000 a year, and it would take 8-10 years of seniority to get <span style="text-decoration: underline">that</span> high. The supervisors of salt truck drivers didn't make 1/2 of $1200.00/week.

If there are people in your state making $62,400/yr. driving state salt trucks, something is <span style="font-weight: bold">very</span> wrong!

Dave, actually it was two guys that were suspended. The guy making $1200 was the supervisor who owned the property, and the guy driving the truck making over $900.00 weekly. Both were let go for 15 days. The guy driving the truck did what his supervisor asked, but should have know better, so he got in trouble too. I tried looking for the story on line but couldn't find it. R.I. is going bankrupt. Next year we will have a $600 million deficit. There's too many pensions being paid for and big salaries. If you have the time go to Projo.com and read the posts. There's a new one everyday. Check out HOW COULD WE SOLVE RI'S BUGET PROBLEMS. In Cranston alone, which is a small city has over 270 firemen making an average of $71,000 yr. People are leaving this state in groves and the welfare people are moving in. It's getting real bad. I left in 1994 because I could see this coming. But now I'm back and stuck with the mess. They really don't know what to do...........

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Leonard Shepherd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Filled up my Dodge Ram today...OUCH! </div></div>

Is that the amount of fuel it took to fill the tank or did the pump shut off at $100.

I have been at some gas retailers where they set the pump to automatically shut off at $100 even if it is being paid for by credit card.

In order for my tow vehicle to get to $100, the price per gallon has to rise about $1.25. Still have a way to go to get to that price (I hope).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: charlier</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Leonard Shepherd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Filled up my Dodge Ram today...OUCH! </div></div>

Is that the amount of fuel it took to fill the tank or did the pump shut off at $100.

I have been at some gas retailers where they set the pump to automatically shut off at $100 even if it is being paid for by credit card.

In order for my tow vehicle to get to $100, the price per gallon has to rise about $1.25. Still have a way to go to get to that price (I hope). </div></div>

My tank is only supposed to hold 35 gallons so I think it filled up. I have several gas credit cards (and my debit card) that shut it off at $75.00. That is very frustrating.

I don't know how many litres to the US gallon there are but here in NZ our gas just went up to $1.70 a litre and that is just for regular, premium is more , i dont use it but i think it is $1.75

I heard that there are some congressmen who are pushing for an international road to be built to connect china and the US.It was part of the NAFTA deal that "mr. Internet" voted for.China was complaining that they could not get their goods fast enough to our market.we,the americans ,would finance the construction.Illegal aleins would build the bridge with Haliburton getting the construction contract.hehe.

Jeff Mealer

Mt. Juliet,TN.

As far as the Hobby goes, Like an old friend of mine likes to say.

<span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="font-size: 17pt">IF YOU WANT TO PLAY, YOU HAVE TO PAY!</span></span>

Dave!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: myrivnot4sale</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I heard that there are some congressmen who are pushing for an international road to be built to connect china and the US. </div></div>

No, not China. You mean the Trans-Texas Corridor. A 1200 foot wide, 4000 mile road from Mexico to Canada built by a bid won by a Spanish outfit. It will be a toll road and the profits go to the Spanish people, nice ha! These are our elected people at work. Oh, BTW, the Mexican truck drivers using this road won't have to deal with all the regulations that our US truck drivers been using for years.......Click here read up!

Think Riv's comment is pretty much tongue in cheek, Sky- but the way those who were elected to supposedly represent OUR interests are going, what he suggests isn't implausible.

Seems these fools can't give the country away fast enough. I for one have no guilt about being an American or living in the most prosperous country on the planet, and I don't really care if Third World countries don't have an American standard of living (though there are some Americans as bad or worse off than TW residents- I say take care of THEM first, and the hell with the rest!)

Maybe some of these oil futures traders who are growing wealthy on the backs of the bruised could turn loose of some of their gains? whistle.gifsmirk.gif

Don't get me wrong. I have no problem with people accumulating wealth and improving their lot, but I have a real problem with opportunists who shove it up the rest of our arses in order to achieve it and have no apparent conscience about doing so.

It will not make any difference for me, due to the fact that my 1941 Dodge Coupe gets better gas mileage (about 20 in town) than most new cars and my 1921 Chevy uses about 0 gallons a mile because it is a little 4 cyl, the Mustang is a 6cyl and gets about 18-20 too, and the 2 gas guzzlers that I have the 1978 Lincoln Mark V and the 1948 Lincoln Continental don't make much differnce because the insurance and registration is cheaper also, I switch out cars and don't use all of the gas! so, it makes up for the gas prices. So, no it will not make any difference, gas prices would have to hit 7-10 dollars a gallon to stop me from driving them and getting something better on gas. But, think of it this way, on a hybrid you could spend 30 grand but on my Mark V I have about $2500 into it, so, how much $ does that leave for gas? $27500. I could drive around the world a few times with that!

As a vendor... I have turned down several chances to take off in the Jeep and go look at some parts for sale to post on the net or take to swaps. It also means I won't be bringing as many goodies to the swap meets. Usually I use a SUV at 18mpg, but will be doing the circut in my 42mpg Geo Metro. That Geo will be riding the axle but at least I'll be able to afford travel... I think I can afford it.

As someone who has been actively using solar power for the past 10 years... I feel somehow the establishment could care less about this good Earth and the common man. Hay I once went 3 years on solar power without plugging into the wall... ah the freedom...!

No new CarTunes have been added since '05. We really ought to have new songs to reflect today's automotive atmosphere.

"The One-Hundred (dollar) Barrel Ballad" (an 8-syllable title here somehow sounds less cumbersome than 10.)

"Our New Hydrogen Hype"

"The Pretty Prancin' Prius"

"The Three-Dollar Blues"

"Give Me My Flying Car" (Or, "Where's My Flying Car," "Give Me My Flying Car Already," "I'm Still Land-Bound, Let Me Fly!," "Pull Me Above This Traffic Jam," or other similar titles.)

"Three Dollars Is Trivial (And You Have It Better Than We Do)" (sung in a European accent)

"Sell This Gas-Guzzler, Honey (And Buy Us A New Hybrid)"

"Where are the Hydrogens?"

"The Biodiesel Bus"

...and other songs reflecting automotive current events.

(Those titles were just made up. However, what auto songs have been released since '05?)

Sinced '05! I thought that there weren't any car tunes made since the late 60's. shocked.gif

Now you got it! Al Gore didn't invent global warming. He invented the global warming business. From now till the day you die every gomer and yahoo will be competing to sell you some crapola that will allegedly do something to slow or stop GW. Every damned "thing" will bank on GW to elicit your sympathy and patriotism. You don't want to be a butthead and not buy this anti-GW product do you? Buy solar gas heaters! Buy aluminum siding! Buy a weather vane! Buy a sweater! Buy underwear for Britney! It's not only green it's patriotic as hell!

Laws will be made and remade since there's money to be made in every imaginable legal area also of GW too. Make or change a law in the name of the GW business. Who can fault that? How could anyone doing that have any ulterior morive? We just have SUCH a delightful future with this latest greenweenie assault on us.

Oh MY.... was cleaning out the office on this nice warm day and found a book from 1979 called "Running On Empty" by a Lester Brown.

Opening cover reads: "The auto grew and matured in an era when oil cost less than two dollars a barrel". The book doesn't necessarily go down hill from there... has lots of ideas and solutions presented.

Goodness sakes he points out that in 1979 gas had reached $1 a gallon.... almost 30 years later why are we still in the shape ... hummmmm....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> From now till the day you die every gomer and yahoo will be competing to sell you some crapola that will allegedly do something to slow or stop GW. Every damned "thing" will bank on GW to elicit your sympathy and patriotism. You don't want to be a butthead and not buy this anti-GW product do you? Buy solar gas heaters! Buy aluminum siding! Buy a weather vane! Buy a sweater! Buy underwear for Britney! It's not only green it's patriotic as hell!</div></div>

As opposed to the selfless philanthropy that is the oil and mining industry. smirk.gif

Seriously, do people mean these things or is deslusion that enthralling and seductive? Everything Twitch mentions here added together <span style="font-style: italic"><span style="text-decoration: underline">AT BEST</span></span> amounts to what one oil company makes on Tuesdays in June. (I don't have to mention which one, but you could probably pick out 3 or 4 of them and the statement would still appply.) <span style="font-weight: bold">That is not an exaggeration!</span>

What would possibly motivate people to believe this is a consumer conspiracy designed to fool them? Even some of the oil companies themselves, notably BP, have begun to <span style="font-weight: bold">actively</span> encourage conservation and renewable energy development <span style="text-decoration: underline">demonstrably against their own self interest!</span> (<span style="color: #006600">This may be the only time in history when major players in an industry have decided that they're making <span style="font-style: italic">too much money</span>, and have actively sought to reduce their own incomes.</span>)

I guess some people value their V8s, and others their grandchildren. And then there is the lazy old codger faction as well. Oh well. crazy.gifconfused.gif

No. Except for the radio in my truck, which I never use, the radio, not the truck, my newest radio was made in 1932. It only plays old music.