1990 Reatta Multifunction Lever???

ReattaTType

I have been trying to see what my 1990 Reatta needs to be saftied and I tried the multifunction lever and it won't turn the high beams on. Is it supposed to like my 88 or is it on a different button. My car has no owners manual and is in desperate need for attention. Also the right turn signal turns on but doesn't blink. I am guessing it is a flasher but I don't know for certain. And lastly, I got the car running after a long time with a new battery but I have to keep my foot on the gas so it doesn't die out. I was thinking this may be a fuel pump but I am not certain. Let me know what you think. Thanks.

Go to www.reatta.net and refer to the service manual.

There is a relay that switches the lights from low to high, that is probably the problem. (section 8A-100)

Again there is a relay, If the other side flashes it is not the flasher. (section 8A-110)

When modern cars wont idle, the first thing to check is the "idle air control valve" it is probably failed and allowing too much air into the engine at idle.

Guest DTerry

If it turns on but doesn't blink, it's probably a bad bulb...or low blinker fluid. (Just kidding; search blinker fluid and you'll see why.)

When computerized cars sit for a long time or with a dead battery for a while the ECM needs to relearn all the information from all the sensors on the engine. Take the car out and drive it for about 2 miles and it should start idling just fine.

About three weeks ago I had one of the three left turn/stop light bulbs burn out on the rear of the car. With the one bulb on the left rear burned out, the rest of the rear and the front bulb would still flash but the left indicator on the dash did not flash (stayed on solid while turning) and the chime for the flasher did not sound. While I had the real light assembly out I changed all the bulbs and the indicator light and chime started working.

BTW, I had already been to the website that sells the blinker fluid and purchased a quart so I knew that was not the problem. laugh.gif Of course I am also kidding.