Hot Wheels, Matchbox, others?

Guest Geoff Meador

Guest Geoff Meador

Other than the offical 1:24 replicas, are there any Reatta toys/models out there?

There are two more Reatta models out there.<P>One is the Kenny Bernstein funny car that is said to be a Reatta but is a real stretch.<BR>It is the size of matchbox but I don't know the brand.<P>The second is the 5 in pewter model of the 1988. The car is in pewter, no paint, has a highly detailed bottom. The rear licence reads "1988". Production is very limited with guesses anywhere from 100 to 500. We believe all the Select Sixty dealers received one in 1988. We believe it came on a wooden base with a mirror (stainless) under the car to view the underside detail.<BR>The cars rarely show up for sale.

Guest r_wright

Speaking of the 1:24 replicas, they do not seem to be very rare as there is always several for sale on E-Bay. However, the sale price for them continues to rise. When I first bought my (real) car the replicas went for around $20.00. Now they go for around $30.00 and as I stated before supply does not seem to be the driving factor. Where are they all coming from anyway???? Were there that many produced?? I want one, but thirty is a little more than I am willing to spend!!!!