convertible top?

Guest DMG

Guest DMG

Hello, Has any convertible owners replaced their top? Made by whom? What kind of price? Were you happy with it? And how is it holding up? Whew! Thanks for responding.

I am very happy for this question.<BR>I think two years down the road I need also a replacement for my top. Therefore, it's better to think about it now and to plan ahead. Hope some suggestions come in.

Use the search feature above and you will find several refrences that you can use. Write in "convertible top". Have fun. shocked.gif" border="0

Reatta tops are readilly available, do the search and try and get the Electron top.<P>Larry, I am soooooo tempted to ask if you can now mow the grass with your Reatta.

Had a top replaced a few years ago by a long-term auto top shop, catering to restorers. He located a new one (NOS) through his network, and did an admirable job or installation - appeared as a new one - all original. Since suffered a rip, due to a broken ball joint swivel on right side. Replacement made from 'unobtanium' so I adapted a steering ball joint assembly from a John Deere tractor and it's now good as new! Suggestion - check condition of all mechanicals when old top is off prior to refitment of new one - could save such a headache - top job takes longer, but better!<P>Good luck! smile.gif" border="0

recently priced a top from hydro-e-lectric.This company will make a top to factory specs.<BR>Haartz canvas $1160<BR>Dbl texture vinyl $890<BR>both prices included glass rear window