Keith Pearson

KRIT CARS

Hi All,I own a 1913 Krit K Tourer,and am curious if many survive? My car is in Ireland from new,and is roadworthy. I am just finishing an engine rebuild.Looking foreward to hearing about other cars, Happy New Year to all. Keith.

• Like 1

Benefits of AACA Membership.

Hello, Keith...Welcome to the AACA Forum.

You may want to check our AACA Library & Research Center for further information. I doubt if they have info on how many have survived, however, we retain thousands of old vehicle manuals and literature awaiting your query.

Worth checking out. Click on "Library" on the home page.

Regards,

Peter J. Heizmann... wink.gif

There are a few KRITs around. There was a touring, roughly the same year, here in Houston that sold on E-Bay a couple years ago, but I don't know where it went.

Believe it or not, I have a KRIT lapel pin. It's a modern reproduction (inexpensive). I must have bought it at a swap meet to give to the guy who used to own the KRIT here in Houston. If you'd like to have it, send me a personal message with your address and I'll mail it to you -- free of charge.

• Like 1

Good Morning to All,

I just signed up and is looking forward to watching the chat. My Grandfather William Wikkerink, at a very early age had a KRIT. I have a wonderful photo of the car with my Grandfather standing next to it with his elbow length gloves and riding suit. I was wondering if anybody would like a photo of it. I also was wondering what year the KRIT was?

Hi Bruce, e-mail the picture to me and I'll put it up for you.

Wayne

waynesway32 (at) yahoo.com

A lot of folks think that the KRIT was German because of the Swastika-like symbol that they wore on the radiator.

KisselKar had the same problem, changed their name during WWI to just Kissel.

My step mother's father worked for Kissel Kar in Marysville, Michigan back in the day and told me that Mr. Kissel was one tough dude to work for.

Sorry.....I meant to say that my step mother's father from Marysville, Michigan worked for Kissel Kar in Wisconsin. The Wills Saint Claires were made in Marysville, Michigan. My mistake.

Hi Keith, I also own a Krit 1913 Roadster, should be up and going within 1 year.

Do you have any technical info ,instruction books etc that you would copy /or sell to me?

Thanks Kelvin Finlay

55 minutes ago, kelvin Finlay said:

Hi All, My Krit is now fully restored and running like a top.

Cheers Kelvin

Hey Kelvin, do you have any pictures you can share?

25 minutes ago, kelvin Finlay said:

Sure can see attached.

I am in Christchurch NZ Are you Going to Bendigo this year?

Really neat looking car, for some reason I was expecting something much larger 

Not sure about Bendigo, I can't remember if I'm away for work that weekend or not - are you coming across for it?

Yes I am,   Would like to meet up with like people.  as I know nobody in Aus.  Well, I do know Bill Sides,the Minerva man!!

He has offered advise on the restoration of my Minerva.

Kelvin

21 hours ago, kelvin Finlay said:

Hi All, My Krit is now fully restored and running like a top.

Cheers Kelvin

Hi Kelvin

The Krit looks great. You should bring out here for our tour next year. You're still welcome!!

Ken