Whats it really worth?

reattaone

I am looking at a 89 Reatta , sapphire blue , about 126,000 miles. Only seen pictures. Doesn't look bad at all. One owner car normal wear on the interior and scuff marks on exterior. Is $2000 too much? Also found a white 88 it has 224,000 at a dealer [ so no REAL info ] he wants $1000 has some rust in normal spots and some rust spots on hood. Would have to pay about $300 to have it transported to me. Let me know what you think about both deals!

I live in Tennessee where rust is not much of a problem. I would always choose a rust free car over one with rust, even if I did have to pay more. $2000 for a one owner and no rust doesn't sound bad to me if it runs good. You are likely to encounter brake and electronic problems at that price. They are the main things to watch for when shopping for a Reatta.

Guest alex_houston

All else being equal, $700 for no rust plus 100K less is a heck of a deal. Go for that one. If you can see rust on the outside, I would hate to investigate underneath.

Any car in really good condition is worth much more than the $2k.

By the way, here in Houston I have never seen rust on a Reatta.

Guest 53Bob76R

Ditto to Alex's comment on rust. My 89 has 188,000 and still runs like a top without burning oil.

By the way Alex, does your 89 Black parts car happen to have a good hood?

Guest alex_houston

Front right corner at headlight slight dent on corner. Easily repairable and hood excellent otherwise.

I can e-mail a photo if you are interested.

Guest Dan Cook

Just so you can compare, 3 weeks ago I drove to Snowhomish, WA and bought a sapphire blue Reatta with all the options, no rust and just normal road wear on the body for $3,640.

Like you I had only seen the pictures and it was a dealer car and I had several conversations with the salesman for a couple of days. It had 87,700 miles and I was assured it was machanically sound and with no electrical or other problems. I got this in writing when I decided to buy it as this makes a big difference when registering in California. I held it against a credit card so it wouldn't be sold out from under me before I got there since it was 650 miles away.

I drove it home with no problems other than the flood on I-5. This car is better than the new ones today.

Dan