Sign in to follow this  
Mochet

Citroen 5 HP

My 5HP made it to the Carlisle Import Show, unfortunately losing the crank somewhere on the PA Turnpike between Downingtown and Carlisle. If you see it, let me know! Anyway, the car started right up off the trailer, and I drove it for the first time down to the show field where I parked with the other Citroens. There were more than thirty in all, I'd say, include three traction avants, several 2CV's, a few D-models, a panel truck, etc. I was surprised to see my car was the oldest in the show by about thirty years! Many of the import cars were new or a few years old. I saw only one Peugeot. There was also one lonely Trabant. It threatened to rain all day, but never did. At the end of the day, the 5HP refused to start. It turned out the magneto bolts had come loose, one of which we found under the radiator. My mechanic friend Bob valiantly tried to re-set the timing, but we eventually had to push it back onto the trailer. I was happy to have driven it, however, if only for a few blocks!

Phil

My 5HP in the Citroen line.

post-52500-14313821955_thumb.jpg

Edited by MochetVelo (see edit history)

I also have 5HP (model 3C) that i am restoring now.
but im restoring to 1926 speedster specifications rather then typical factory specs.
I want to do vintage racing with it
Let me know if anyone is restoring this type of the car/ model. We can share info on these cars.

index.jpg

Be sure you sign onto the 5HP Forum. It's in French, but you can use Google Translate. A number of the members are, in fact, not from France. You should get some useful reactions there to your project.

Phil

Phil 

There was a cloverleaf in an old warehouse in Long Beach, Ca

Building is gone but the cards still there somewhere. Everything belonged to the owner of a boat scrapyard

I have a 1915 International MW there. Three blocks away I found another one sitting....... So much stuff in So Cal 

I even found a 1937 BMW 328 engine block in Signal Hill one day.

• Like 1