'78 Malibu Classic

Thanks for your suggestions, however I could not really get any information, other than them trying to sell me a book.<P><BR>I am not trying to sell the car, all I'm interested in a value on this car is to try and be fair in dividing property. <P>Again, the car is a 1978 Malibu Classic, blue with white top. All orginal, motor, body and interior. No wrecks, dents, or scratches. The car has been garaged for 5/10 years, my mother did drive it to church and back home for a while, during the early 90's.<P>Please won't someone tell me a range that it might be valued at. I don't know if it's worth a $500. or a $5000.???

Guest John W. Harvey

twyrick,<P>I got this info from the autotrader.com web site. This was information for the 22 cars that were for sale.<P>Year: 1978<BR>Make: CHEVROLET<BR>Model: MALIBU<BR>Region: All Regions<BR>Selling Prices: <BR>Low: $1,095.00 <BR>High: $14,500.00 <BR>Average (mean): $5,617.95 <BR>Median: $7,250.00<P>twyrick, keep in mind that these prices are not necessarily for Malibu's that are all original. There are modified, super modified, and original cars included in the 22.<P>Kelly Blue Book online BBK.com doesn't go back to 1978. I don't know what major book stores you have in Arkansas, but here in PA I have just gone to a major bookstore and looked at Kelly Blue Book etc that was on the shelf! There is no cost to look!<BR> <BR>Good Luck....I hope this helps.<BR>John grin.gif" border="0<p>[ 07-12-2001: Message edited by: harveyj ]

Should have bought the book - it's only about $5 or $6 bucks! Anyway, '78 Chevys have Malibu and Malibu Classic trim packages listed in three models - sport coupe, 4 door sedan and station wagon. They all appear to have V-8 engines in '78. Prices run according to condition. An original in good condition could be a #3 or #4, which means the car has a value of about $1,400 to $1,500 as a #3. If it was a #2 the range would be about $2,400 to $2,600. smile.gif" border="0

NADA:<BR>low $1,075<BR>avg $2,150<BR>high $3,225<P>Kelley goes back to 1981 and prices them between $1,000 and $2,000 depending on options.<P>My off the cuff guess is that the market might support $2,000 for an original Malibu in good running condition, maybe less if it's not a V8.<P>Cheers,<BR>Bry