Touch console

Guest deltalady

Guest deltalady

I am debating whether or not to buy a 1989 Reatta that will probably need a new transmission soon and that also needs in the seller's words "a new touch console." The seller stated that he had been to a dealship and that one could be had and installed for around $500. Does this sound about right to y'all? I formerly owned a 1988 Reatta; it's been a while but I remember that the electronics were a "hard" part of the car for most mechanics to figure out.<P>I basically am asking whether or not this would be a good deal and what would y'all suggest as a price to offer? The mileage is about 120,000.<P>Thank you. shocked.gif" border="0

I have a very nice 91 (White w/ Blue Leather) that needs to go to a new home. email me for pics. I'm not far from Wilm. De. area and can bring the car to you. My Daughter lives in Wilm and I'm down ther every week. hfearn@netscape.net

This is sounding like a "fixer-upper" and unless you are into that kind of thing that means a lot of money & needs to come off the top.<P>I would also wonder if a new transmission is needed at 120k, what is next.<P>Given that you can but a nice one with many less miles for $5500 or less, what does that make an unknown one worth ?<P>So the real question is do you want a car or a hobby ?