'41 Buick

• 4 weeks later...

Engine is done and I should have it in the next week or 2, as soon as I figure out how to store it. Since the flywheel, clutch and bellhousing are installed now, I can't hang it on my engine stand. I think I'm going to build some kind of wooden stand for it so I can store it upright instead of on its side like a corpse on a pallet. I'm also going to shrink-wrap it to keep it from rusting internally.

As soon as warmer weather arrives, I'm going to start reassembling the chassis and hopefully have it operational by the end of the summer. Then on to bodywork...

• 2 weeks later...

Matt:

Glad to see you're back. The first site that got me going on redoing an old car was yours. I've gone off the deep end since spending too much money on junk; buying things I don't want; and being addicted to eBay parts, most of which I'll be selling. I really just want to concentrate on my De Soto, which will be modified slightly, or be consumed by rust, which ever happens first! I got all involved in a '54 Buick project but have lost all interest since I really wanted a '47 or '48 Sedanette in the first place. My garage, unfortunately is now littered with cars I don't want. I think I've learned to stay focused now.

Hope you get the new garage up to speed.

Gary