Sign in to follow this  
Leonard Shepherd

Your car on postage stamps

I was disappointed when the USPS raised the postage and no longer sold the stamps with the 53 Studebaker Starliner, T-Bird, Corvette and Kaiser Darrin on them, but now they have a web site where you can put your own picture on a real USPS stamp.

I used my 52 Studebaker Commander on mine.

The cost of 20 (41 cent) stamps is $18.99 plus $2.99 shipping

Here is the link:

http://photo.stamps.com/Store/?source=si10985886

They offer several borders, but I didn't use any. Since they are going out in the US mail, I wouldn't suggest using a logo or anything that might be copyrighted.

post-52673-143137958386_thumb.jpg

post-52673-143137958387_thumb.jpg

Well, yes, this is nice if you want to spend almost a dollar a stamp and have pride of ownership, assuming someone pays attention to the stamp. I do not thing that this is the United States Post Office doing this, but rather a private enterprise that pays the real postage to the USPS and is making a profit, nothing wrong with that. It can be noted that the USPS does not mind working with private enterprise; see the flyers for internet service, VISA, and other things in any USPS lobby. It sometimes shocks me that the government gets so involved with these companies, but dollars talk, and the USPS is turning a profit. And, this is somewhat of a commercial advertisement just having this on the forum. Off my soapbox now, Happy Motoring, David Coco

It is a separate postage company, not the USPS, that provides the stamps.

We bought some of the photo stamps for Christmas in 2005 as gifts for some of the family (as you can see, the postage value is now outdated). We bought some for my sister with her 71 Mustang on it and my parents 65 Galaxie 500XL convertible on it. We figured then they they will probably never be used.. it was just something that was interesting at the time.

post-30691-143137958434_thumb.jpg

If memory serves, a couple of years ago there was a link sponsored by the AACA for photo stamps. I think the club got a cut from each order. I bought a page with my 55 Buick on them. The novelty quickly wore off, especially when it was costing a buck a pop.........Bob

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bhigdog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If memory serves, a couple of years ago there was a link sponsored by the AACA for photo stamps. I think the club got a cut from each order.</div></div>

That is correct. That is where we purchased our stamps. You had to use the link for the club got some of the proceeds.