37 Chrysler front sus.parts

Guest 37 Royal

Guest 37 Royal

My 37 Royal front suspension is in need of some rebuilding I noticed that my year model is onto its self so parts are hard to find.I know of Brenbaum he only has one upper A-arm to sell and nothing else,I need upper and lower A-arm kits,is there any other source for these parts I need,if anyone knows please let me know..I would hate the idea of putting a MustangII type sus. under it just so I can drive my car...Thanks,Dennis

I don't have any real good solution. There are a lot of obsolete parts suppliers, someone must have the NOS parts you need.

The other thing is, back then cars used bronze bushings in the front suspension. Not rubber. So a machine shop could make up new bushings for you, and true up your king pins etc.

The best place I have found to find parts is on eBay. Put in '1937 Chrysler Royal' in the search box and you will be amazed at the number of parts that show up. Some days you might only see 5 parts listed and other days it could be more. Just keep monitoring the site until what you need makes an appearance and then bid on it. You will not get the bargains that you find at the flea markets but you will see far more parts to select from. You should also check other years because of the way some people list their parts. They might use the wrong year because they do not know what they have, use general year discriptions like '1930's', or associate it for one year or car but it could also be used on your car. You definetly will need several parts reference books to refer to. Some parts for your car could be used on the Plymouth, Dodge, or DeSoto of that year or era so checking those sites is also a source. You can not assume that the person selling the parts knows what they have or what it really goes to. Hope this helped.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest 37 Royal

Sorry for the late response..I have been looking on e.bay for a couple of yrs now I look up 37 Ply. and find things there also.I have bought a perfect 37 fuel tank for the unbelievable cost of 25.00,a rear bumper in very good condition and a few other bits and pieces from e.bay.I got hooked up with the guy with the bumper and found that he have a few parts.I needed a steering box as mine was shot he sold me one off a 37 that was very tight for 80.00.

I got to thinking that if the box was this good maybe the rest of the front suspension was going to be in the same condition.He sold me both upper and lower arms,springs [mine had been cut to lower the car] and the pass. side spindle for 160.00 shipped to my door.I figure that if I get the pieces I can have some bushing machined hopefully.So far I have put 180 mi. on the car and have gotten it up to 50 mph but am not too comphy with the front end being kinda shakey..

This car has overdrive which I had some repairs done to it a few monthes ago to make it road worthy,anyone know just how it works.I have found that if the knob is pushed all the way in it will engage [in 3rd gear] when I let off the gas,let it coast and then I feel a little tug and then give it gas it engages and I feel the rpms subside and hear the trans hum in a different tone.Does it work by centrifical force to engage by chance.I am going to install a tach and see just what the rpms are in different gears just out of curiosity one of these days.I want to make this car a driver [my 23 yr old daughter likes the car,it'll be hers when I am gone] but dont want to make a money pit out of it.Most likely it'll be kind of a rat at least while I have it.I get the neatest looks from the public when I drive it like they dont believe this car is being driven around.Well enough,I got an engine to build in the garage today and the wood stove has got it warmed up by now,besides my peckin finger it wore out...Thanks,Dennis