64 riviera to chevy 350 swap

Dadof3

I purchased a 64 riviera from a friend, but no motor no trany, I had a chevy 350 and im in the midle of putting it in, but i came across a situation... the oil pan bumps up against the steering linkage, I want to keep the 350 in there any one have any suggestions?

The value of the car will tank with a Chevy motor in it. Keep your eyes open for a 401/425 1964 - 1966.

Confidentially, if you're looking for info on installing a belly button (every body and their mother has one) motor in your Riv, you're probably on the wrong site.

Ed

TISSUE REJECTION! Not to mention that, as mentioned, the value of the car will completely go away -- becoming just a hull of a vehicle with a Chevy Motor in it, value-wise. There are better ways to save a Buick and also have a modification project, with all due respect.

Once you get the engine to fit, then you'll have to deal with the transmission and then the driveshaft and how it will fit interface with the rear axle. One thing leads to another!

Then, once the engine might "fit", you'll have to run all of the wires and hoses and such to make things work. Nothing that can'b be done, just that it's a far greater situation than just swapping an engine in a Chevrolet designed for a Chevy engine.

Sure, you can modify the oil pan and pickup to work by doing the cut-and-weld routine (as was done to many imports to get a Chevy small block into them back in the early '60s), but by the time you get done with your project, people might wonder "Why?" or "Why not a GM Crate Motor 502?"--regardless of how much or little money you might have spent to get it completed.

Back then, each GM carline division was its own entity and did not share nearly as many things as they do in more recent years. A Buick was a Buick--typically. Frames were different, too, rather than a common frame with all of the holes for the engine mounts to bolt to (for each divisional engine that might go there, rather than just a 6-cylinder or V-8). Oil filters, spark plugs, motor oil, and some other vehicular fluids were about all you might plan on being used by more than one GM carline division which might fit other General Motors vehicles.

Just some thoughts.

Regards,

NTX5467