1932 F32 olds for sale

FS 1932 F 32 4dr sedan deluxe 6 wooden wheels with reproduction 36 mullins trailer.55,000 original miles,restored to original from rust free car.selling due to illness.This is a real driver and a very clean and dependable car.I have an extra engine and other extra parts.The only change I made was the rear gear from 4.56 to 3.90 but still have original gears,but the change really helped the drivability for long trips.It will cruise at 60 with no problems,top speed is about 75,but I never held it there long.Asking $42,000 for everything,also have all original sales brochures.It has been in 2 movies also.985 209 9731 Hodges "speedy deedy" Folse Jr. Raceland,LA.

post-54357-143137957868_thumb.jpg

post-54357-143137957872_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hi- nice looking car, hope you find a good home for it! Had some boudin last night, and saw that you from Louisiana so had to write. I'm from Alexandria (or just "Ellic" as we always said. A lot of cars up this way, maybe the Cajun country is too far away for someone to come get it! Good luck with it. Looks a little pricey for a closed car, but it's hard to tell these days. Happy Motoring David Coco Winchester Va.

I tend to avoid commenting on cars that I don't know a lot about, but if you want honest comments, then here goes-

That's a fine-looking automobile & I certainly hope you find someone who appreciates it as much as you clearly have. The trailer really sets it off nicely.

Is the car painted in a '32 Olds color scheme?

I'm so unfamiliar of cars of this vintage that I had to look it up. Olds apparently differentiated between a standard 6-cylinder 4-door & one called a "Patrician."

The Patrician had a fancier interior & was slightly more expensive- $1035 vs. $1000 for the standard sedan. Do you know which one you have?

The 6-cylinder, sidemount, standard sedan with wood wheels was the most popular '32 Olds, with a production of 2002. The 6-cylinder Patrician in the same configuration had a run of 1040. These aren't big numbers by postwar standards, but a 6 cylinder 4-door is still the most common '32 Olds made- these numbers dwarf those of the convertibles & all of the 8-cylinder cars.

I'm no expert, but off the top of my head I'm inclined to say that your price is more in line with a 6 or 8-cylinder convertible or perhaps an 8-cylinder Sport Coupe with a rumble seat.

I really appreciate all your comments, and yes the honesty too.Some people say they want an honest opinion then get mad when you give it to them.Thanks also for the complements,the car is as nice in person as the picture as this is not an old picture.No it is not a patrician,but I do know the difference.As far as the price,we all want as much as we can get.What I based it on .If I where to give you one in restorable condition you could not have it restored for less than this.Of course I am willing to hear reasonable offers. Also in the NAOC there are only about 25 32 olds total all body styles.Only 6 of this model.This car was never a basket case,it was restored from a rust free original that has been in my family for over 46 years and has always been stored inside.The colors are original to this car.the trailer is fiberglass but has a real 32 buick front axle,springs and wheels and comes with 3 extra.I also have original owners manual and sales brochure and sales price guide.I also have pictures from 1962 when my uncle bought it and of the whole restoration proving it is rust free.

Hi- I agree with your comments as far as restoration goes, with the cost of chrome, paint, and upholstery, it is a wonder that many cars get restored at all. It is also great that it has a history of being in your family. That said, unless you find someone with lots of money and they absolutely have to have that particular model and car, it will go wanting at that price. But you never know, someone may fall in love with it and have to have it. I have seen Model A sedans professionally restored at a well known northern Virginia shop for almost six figures; are they worth that when restored? Probably (or shall I say of course) not. Unfortunately restoration cost is not the measure of a car's worth when restored.

Still a really, really nice car you have, sincerely hope you find it a good home! Happy Motoring David Coco Winchester Va.

I agree trimacar that what it costs to restore does not mean it is worth that.But the rarity and condition should help.My delima is because of my physical problems it is too painfull to drive the car any distance and my wife is too small to drive it,so do I chop it up and modernize the drivetrain so I can drive it? I think not as it is so rare and near perfect I cannot bring myself to destroy a piece of automotive history.So I am selling it and getting a 31 model A coupe that has already been chopped up and my wife will be able to drive me around in it.

Speedydeedy, your 32 Olds looks great. I have two 32's myself one 4 door Patrician sedan and a convertible roadster. I was wondering what you used for 3.90 gears in your Olds and how it worked out on the highway. I have been looking for other 1931-1933 Olds car owners to get together on having them made by High Speed Gears. Good luck to you.

Speedydeedy, wow the 32 is great, and obviously a work of love. One of the biggest challanges our "hobby" faces is that many of us are getting older, and what and where do we place our pride and joys when we are at that stage. Having been in this hobby for over 40 years I have seen many friends create and save our history in their classics, only go have them given away when they are no longer around. I am an appraiser, and know what it would cost to replace "her", but selling is somewhat different, it is a function of the market, and what is attractive to the buyers. While our generation, as with me learned to drive, date, and grow up with 1930 and 1940 autos, the buyers today had their life in 1950 and 1960 cars, thus the values shift with the generations. Try the best you can, and best of luck.

Speedydeedy, wow the 32 is great, and obviously a work of love. One of the biggest challanges our "hobby" faces is that many of us are getting older, and what and where do we place our pride and joys when we are at that stage. Having been in this hobby for over 40 years I have seen many friends create and save our history in their classics, only go have them given away when they are no longer around. I am an appraiser, and know what it would cost to replace "her", but selling is somewhat different, it is a function of the market, and what is attractive to the buyers. While our generation, as with me learned to drive, date, and grow up with 1930 and 1940 autos, the buyers today had their life in 1950 and 1960 cars, thus the values shift with the generations. Try the best you can, and best of luck.

ozzy32, Glad to hear from you and thanks for the complement. As for the 3.90s, I contacted some gear manufacturers and found only 1 that would custom make them for $3600.00 wow rediculous. I have quite a bit of experience with older vehicles so I looked at the third member and thought it looked similar to a 57 chevy truck. I found one from a friend and it was close. A friend of mine did the machine work necessary and in it went with no modification to axles or drive shaft. 6,000 miles later no problem. If you need to know more call me at 985-209-9731.

• 3 weeks later...

I am open to reasonable offers.There is also included 3 extra wheels and tires for trailer and the original long block with only 50,000 miles.Also the best car cover California car cover makes.And other misc.Extra parts.The engine in the car is completely professionaly rebuilt by Fon Du Lac Motors and has about 4,000 miles since rebuild and runs great.Car also has fresh brake job and tires are only 3 years old.

• 1 month later...

I have lowered my price to $39,000.00 or reasonable offer. If this is not a fair price I would appreciate someone in the know to tell me what is. Please not how cheap you wish you could get it for but what is a real and fair value.