WTB 1959 or 1960 Buick Wagon

Guest Tri-shield

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest DELTAWINGFLYER

I have a 59 Estate wagon good driver, needs paint ,interior good ,seats come with spanish covers, NOS roof rack

Over all, needs elbow grease

You will be proud to drive this wagon down the road

Price 15000 .00

no inspections please ,just send the money...

Guest Buick Bonery

Mark, I bought the business from Ken last year. He moved to Southern CA to be with his daughter. I'll see him this weekend as he is coming up for the Buick Club swap meet. The local Buick Club is still active, but very few members are restoring cars. They have great picnics though!

• 3 months later...

Anyone still looking ??? I have a 1960 Invicta Wagon for sale.

Needs total restoration, floors are rusted through, lots of surface rust, engine is frozen up.

Good news is that all the parts including glass and stainless is there. Has a factory roof rack. Interior is all there including factory air and the third row seating.

Yes, stick your kids all the way in the back.....

500 bucks and its yours. It is located way south in Alabama. Will not deliver, you pick up or arrange pickup.

Pictures in a picasa album..... http://picasaweb.google.com/bill.stoneberg/BuickInvictaWagon?pli=1

Guest Tri-shield

Hello Bill!

Thanks very much for the lead. I'd be all over it but it's too far away from me. I'm sure a friend of mine will buy it. I've pm'd you.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Tri-shield

Hello Mark & 57wagon,

South of Seattle a few miles. Thank you, Mark, for the trailer offer!

And thanks 57wagon for the heads up. This '60 was on WA CL a couple weeks ago. Seller wanted $5500.00. Interesting Buick but too much of a project for me - it may be perfect for someone else.

• 1 month later...
Guest 70 Electra

Eric,

I was surprised you didn't snatch up the 60 Invicta wagon in the car corral at the Flint meet last week. It was surprisingly solid, with an excellent original interior. Looks like another BCA member bought it, as I saw it end up on the show field, mid-day Saturday.

It sure didn't last long in the car corral.

Guest Tri-shield

Hi Greg!

Yes, it was available for about 30 seconds! You will probably hear the story - funny one. It's in good hands now.

How did I miss not meeting you?! We were there 4 days!! Hope you had a great time.

Guest Tri-shield

Thanks 57wagon, but I'm a ways away (I hope) from my "last ride."

I'll stick to finding a usual family wagon! A 1960 5 pass Invicta would be fun...

Guest imported_Thriller

Now that hearse is a cool car. I don't think I could get the boss to go for it though.

There was a '33 ambulance at the McLaughlin / GM of Canada centennial parade on Monday, speaking of cool cars. I like these with stained glass. The good doctor felt a car like that could be a good match for us. That's enough of a thread theft though....

I know of a '60 Buick wagon with the original hard back bucket seats in it. If you are interested I think the man wants $10,000 for it. It is a complete car but needs complete restoration. It is in Wisconsin now but was not a Wisconsin car I believe the man hauled it up from Nebraska about three months ago. If you are interested let me know and I will put you in touch with the fellow. The bucket seats alone have sold for as much as $5000 recently.

For the information of all I've received several messages now asking for the number of the man who owns this car. I answered a couple but in fairness to Eric Bernard am now going to stop responding to those requests. He started this thread and in fairness to him we ought to give give a chance to get the car.

• 2 weeks later...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tri-shield</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks, Dyna!

I appreciate the heads up. Guy wants too much for a BIG project. I'm still looking.</div></div>

smile.gif -- well I'm keeping my eyes up (making searches for Buick wagons once a week so I think I will bounce into some 59/60 too...

Thing is that I look for a 71-76 Buick Estate Wagon, ok condition but doesn't need to be mint. So while you are looking for 59/60 if you bounce into one of those email me and I will continue sending 59/60 you way...

Cheers Dyna

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, There is a 1960 wagon (LeSabre?) here in Lewiston, ID. Needs restored. It has solid body (white with red top/red interior), disc brakes. I was told it moves under it's own power. The down side is the interior needs alot of work. I believe all the glass is good. It is sitting at one of the local body shops (shop owners car). I can get address and telephone number if anyone is interested. I'm not on here every day, so you may need to allow a couple of days for a response, but I will try and check it a little more frequently.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Tri-shield

Thanks you.

I do appreciate the lead, droptop_kelley.

I did talk with the owner a few months back. It's too big a project and too much money for what it is.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest imported_MrEarl

Have already talked to the owners and have additional photos. May be worth lookin into. Some rust in the rear quarters behind rear wheels, interior not original. It's about 1.5 hrs up 441 at the NC line. Will go look at or help all I can. Just don't axe me to deliver that monster, please!!!! My trailer springs still haven't sprung back since the last station wagon I hauled. crazy.gifwink.gif

Of course one can't go to Dillard GA without going to the The Dillard House Restaraunt , so there may be meal fee involved. wink.gif