Sign in to follow this  
no more

40 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe (and others) for sale

Benefits of AACA Membership.

WOW! What a pile of rusty junk! Where is this located? Take a closer look at the BACK of this '40 Zephyr. I'll bet there are a LOT of good parts there but just FINDING them would be a monumental task!

post-32768-143137957341_thumb.jpg

GIVE ME A HOT SUMMER AFTERNOON, MAYBE A COUPLE COLD ONES AND AN AFTER NOON IN THAT YARD.....WOW WALK INTO A WRECKING YARD TODAY...JUST PLASTIC DECAY..NO ORANGE RUST CAUS HARDLY ANY STEEL.....PEEK INTO GLOVEBOXES.. STUFF LIKE THAT..STRANGE DESIGNS ENGINE S ETC.....WHAT STYLE THEY USED TO HAVE....

Great pic of that slightly dented '40, notice that gray "Plaster" on it, that was the forerunner of bondo, and what gave "body-putty" it's bad rap. That stuff would actually slide off under certain conditions, it was around until the early '50's, you still haven't told us where in the world these treasures are located, the slide show didn't either???

hey dave........share with us other cool stuff..we probably missed.

...we dont want to buy..

the pics are a blast, but I love old American cars...cept bowtie stovebolt klunkers..did u notice..few of those in olivers pics...

i got this from "fordbarn" really great bunch of folks who are v-8er's but seem to respect the kinship to our 12's

much more lively than this somewhat limited group...most seem to participate, rather than this "lurk-fest".

jeff

oHIo

Pictures bring memories of going through junk yards at age 16 - 17 looking for parts for my 50 ford and later 53 ford remember lower part of "yard" covered with 30s and 40s car this was eary 60, gosh wish I could find that yard today (need some parts)