Need to know which light bulb to buy for 63 trunk

jimtash

Excuse me, but I don't have the manual. It has been my experience with other car forums, and I'm in two of them, that members usually answer the questions, post links or the information is readily available on the site itself in a FAQ section. Yet here it's totally the opposite and I'm directed to look at the manual. Sir, if I had the manual, would I be asking the question in the first place? And why isn't the manual already online? I'm really tempted to go out and buy one just to put it up for all to read and learn how to service their car. Sorry for the rant but your answer was plainly rediculous. Thanks for the help.

Bulb #89, 6 Candlepower per Service Manual. See how easy it is when you have the book? Every serious owner I know has one for their car. I know Mr. Cannon has at least one from me. Maybe you could PM Jim and see if he has a spare available for you. It would be a handy time saver..

Steve 9236

Jim, I think Jim Cannon was only trying to help, by directing you to a source

for the answer to your question.

Ridiculous reply ? - maybe, but no need to get your knickers in a knot !

Respectfully suggest you look into obtaining an 'Owners Manual' for your '63 Riviera.

Mr. Jim Tassios, AKA jimtash (JIM T ASHeville?)

I'm sure there's a NAPA, O'Reilly's, Auto Zone, or other major jobber store in Asheville. They have catalogs that will tell you all this information, that's how they make their profit. Besides that, you're going to have to go there to buy the bulbs anyhow.

You were complaining because no one had taken the time or gone to the expense of putting the chassis manual on-line for you. Did you ever think about even more instant gratification for your needs and getting the feeling of doing something for yourself at the same time? I typed "Sylvania lamps" in my browser and lo and behold I was directed to a Sylvania web site. They have a replacement guide for 1964 Rivieras, imagine that. So that you won't have to do too much for yourself, I've pasted and copied from that information for you. Be sure to read the last sentence of their disclaimer. Sound familiar?

I think as you scroll down through these applications, you'll find a listing for a trunk lamp, the same one that Steve was nice enough to provide for you after taking the time to look it up for you.

But you have the audicity to chastise Jim for suggesting that you do something for yourself. Chances are that, because it was a holiday, he may been away from home and not have had access to his resources, but was still trying to help.

Good luck on your restoration and be sure and let us know what else we can do for you that you can't do for yourself by using just a little bit of thinking, ingenuity, and imagination. Kind of like the Smith Barney commercial, "...the old fashioned way - we work for it."

Ed

1963 BUICK Riviera

Low beam headlamp

H5006

High beam headlamp

H5001

Parking light

1157A

1157AST Silverstar Signal Lighting: Complete the Look: Crisp, Clean, Style

1157ALL Long Life Upgrade: Up to twice the life of the standard lamp

Front turn signal

1157A

1157AST Silverstar Signal Lighting: Complete the Look: Crisp, Clean, Style

1157ALL Long Life Upgrade: Up to twice the life of the standard lamp

Rear turn signal

Tail light

Stop light

License plate

Back up light

1156LL Long Life Upgrade: Up to twice the life of the standard lamp

Ash tray

Glove box

Map light

Dome light

Step/Courtesy light

Trunk/Cargo area

Under hood light

Instrument-general

194LL Long Life Upgrade: Up to twice the life of the standard lamp

Brake warning

Automatic transmission indicator

Clock

Directional signal indicator

Ignition switch

The applications presented in this replacement guide have been compiled using the best information available from the vehicle manufacturers at the time of your search. This guide is intended for general information purposes only, not to be construed as any type of warrantee as to any particular application. For specific applications the vehicle's service manual should be consulted.

It just seems that some people in this world are born with a chip on their shoulder. It might be that his wife, girlfriend or ? may have given him a bad time and this is his way of feeling as though he has got some clout.

If you check all of his posts, it sure sounds like he needs a manual.

Stevo