Sign in to follow this  
lrotunda

1976 Buick Century Pace Car

I'm looking for parts or all of the decal kit for the 1976 Buick Century Pace Car.

Any help/leads would be greatly appreciated.

You're talking about Phoenix Graphics.

Their advertising lies. Don't have it. I've talked to them 3 times over the past 2 months.

Any other suggestions?

LR

I'm afraid I can't offer any help, but just wanted to say I admire the car you have. I'd like to find one someday as it would be a relatively "modern" old car that I'd be able to maintain a little easier...once the graphics and special edition items are taken care of, of course.

I redid one a couple of years ago and had the decals reproduced by my cousin. All exact with the exception of the coloring of the bird. We couldn't figure out how to blend the black into it. I also had the stainless steel band over the roof reproduced as the old one, well was old and it got ruined during removal. email me and I can get you details and send you photo's. In the meantime I'm looking for some quarter panels for my latest project a 1967 Skylark convertible

I would be interested in the colors used for the decals. I am restoring a 76 Free Spirit Skyhawk. I still have the original decals on my car but they are some what faded and trying to do a color match is next to impossible.

FSSkyhawkleft.jpg

So far this is the only known Free Spirit Skyhawk that still exist. I do know that one other car was in located in Indiana but that was around 10 years ago roughly and it was in very sad shape then. It hasn't been scene or located since anywhere.

I also have a few other very rare Skyhawks including a Roadhawk.

Any info about the Free Spirit Century color codes or even color samples would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Paul

One of the most depressing and disturbing things I ever saw-

Summer of 1992, a local junkyard got in a Pace Car replica that was <span style="font-weight: bold">complete</span> except for carb and aircleaner. Spoiler, targa, everything was there. A guy at the Pepsi bottling plant had owned it and from what I heard it had a bad transmission, so he junked it. The yard that had it was/is notorious for crushing cars quickly, and I have some other horror stories of stuff he's crushed. I've seen him when he's crushing, and he gets a crazy gleam in his eyes when he's doing it.

I found the Pace Car about 10 one morning, and told the guy at the counter not to crush it until I made a couple phone calls. Called a Buick friend about an hour away and he said he would be there by lunchtime with intention of buying it.

In two hours time, the yard owner had speared it with a forklift and loaded it into the crusher. Harold got there just in time to watch the crusher flatten it mad.gif .

Other stuff he crushed? Among other things, a 1975 Hurst/Olds, and a 1962 Impala nine-seater wagon with perfect body and interior that would have been a very easy restore.

His wife (the brains behind the operation) had a section of the yard set aside for older cars since she knew there was some market for them. She took the kids to the beach for 3 days in 2001, and when she returned, her crusher-happy husband had dragged all the old stuff out and crushed it shocked.gif .

This fool took the crusher on the road one time, and at one shop he stopped at to crush, he actually crushed two customer cars that were waiting for repair. blush.gif

Guest my3buicks

Diego, this thread is 6 or 7 years old, you may not get much of a reply

Sir, I was just hoping Weston see this reply and get me in contact with his cousin. I been looking for this kit everywhere, I am going to do a new thread to see if someone has any information, thank you.