Reattas in odd places

padgett

Picked up the Tricities Sunday paper and found an ad for a 1989 Reatta asking $4500.00 - call Paul at 509.521.6314 if interested.<P>Is a bit big to bundle onna airplane but may not be too far for someone around SeaTac.<P>Have not seen and have not called just was surprised to see a Reatta in the three colums of cars. <P>BTW things do not appear to rust here (6" annual rainfall and no salt) - see a lot of 20-30 year old cars (advt above Reatta was for a '66 Lincoln Continental asking $750.00).

You're right, rust is not the problem here it is in other parts of the country. On the mid to late 60's GM cars they do rust out around the front & rear windshields as the rain will pool there and eventually eat through. Floorpans too tend to be rusted as the constant dampness from wet feet on unpainted metal encourages the development of the tinworm. You seldom find one that the rear quarters are eaten. <P>I too found an '89 with 75,000 miles and a trashed interior for $5,200 in Puyallup recently. The body & paint were great, dark blue with a tan interior. Padgett, if you ever find yourself on the west side of the mountains let me know and I'll buy you a drink!<P>Greg