Who is going to Macungie, Pa. (south west of Allentown) August 4-6?

Guest SalG (Sal Grenci)

Guest SalG (Sal Grenci)

Hi all, Who is going to Das Awash Fest? This is the family event of the summer. If your wife and kids do not mind heat they will thank you for this one. Crafts, clowns, face painting, very large all toy flea market, regular flea market, large car show, several bands, shaded sitting area at band shell, pool, fire works, several good places to eat within a 5 min walk form show and more. Take Route 78 to Route 100 south, the show is just south west of Allentown, about 1 1/2 hours east of Hershey. A family event. Rick Hoover and I will be there. SalG smile.gifgrin.gif<BR><p>[This message has been edited by SalG (edited 07-30-2000).]

I'll be going down early Saturday morning. I have been to the show many times and each year the chrome seems to get more and more space. I usually pass the chrome by and concentrate on the booths that have more rust than chrome.

I will be there, in the Corvette section.<BR>Would like to meet some of you that frequent this site. I have a Safari Yelow '68, usually the only one there like it. We will arrive for breakfast, hopefully will get some this year! Looking forward to meeting ya all....wife will be along too. smile.gif Hey Rick, look me up. Thanks, Ernie<BR>------------------<BR><A HREF="http://ez68vet.home.mindspring.com" TARGET=_blank>myhomepage&picturesofmycorvette</A><p>[This message has been edited by ez68vet (edited 07-30-2000).]

Guest boettger

Will be ther on Sunday with the Metropolitan Owners Club in our Metropolitan Conv! <P>------------------<BR>Steve Boettger<BR>'30 DeSoto 8<BR>'59 Nash Metropolitan<BR>'23 Chevrolet Touring<BR>Iroquois Region, AACA Web Site<BR>http://www.aaca.org/iroquois/

Hey Steve, you must know the Davis', Pam & Doug, from Scotia. I know them well through the antique *Volkswagen* hobby, but I am also aware that they are BIG TIME Met people, and Macungie is a BIG TIME Met gathering. Say hi to them for me!<P>Also, there's a guy in town here, Jack Konz, a Hershey regular, who is getting more & more into Mets as he restores his pair--maybe you'll run into him as well.<P>Have fun!<P>Steve Mierz<BR>Stony Creek, CT

If anyone who is going to Macungie would like to join some members of the Pottstown Region for breakfast, we will be having our monthy breakfast get-together at the Yesterday's Cafe on Rt. 100 just about 4 mi. south of Macungie on Saturday Aug. 5th at about 8am. All are welcomed to join us for friendly conversation and good food.<P>------------------<BR>tsauto@v35.com<BR>AACA member

Unclear as to which day I'll make it as this year I'm going modern and only for one day. This is one of my all time favorites and 21 years for me. <BR>Yes Ernie I will, as I know where you'll be. I hope to run into the others from here too! Tom, what a nice offer to the DF'ers. Another example of fine fellowship here on the forum!<P>Rick

Guest BruceW

Di and I will be attending Das Awkscht Fescht again this year on Saturday. We have been attending for about 7-8 years now..maybe more. It is definitely a great event for the whole family! Last year there were over 1300 antique vehicles of all kinds and 185 Model A Fords! We will have our maroon and black 1931 Ford Deluxe Tudor with the pig sitting in the back window. The first weekend of each August is set aside for this event. <BR> <A HREF="http://www.erols.com/b-dwheeler" TARGET=_blank>www.erols.com/b-dwheeler</A>