1928 FB President Help

Guest dalestern

Guest dalestern

Proud, proud, proud new owner of a 1928 FB President. I wish to restore to showroom as I have done with my other cars, which are mostly from the 60's, and 70's. Brand new to Studes. Car is complete and runs. looking for any literature on this car. I have the parts book from faxon, but need so much more info and resources before I attack this project which I'm very excited about. Any help to send me in the right direction would be very greatly appreciated. Thank you very much. I'm honored to be in this community. Dale

What body style is your President?

I have a 1928 sales catalog and could scan the page for your model.

I recently acquired a 1928 Commander Regal Victoria. It will remain a "Driver" without major restoration needed at this time.

Stude8

Guest dalestern

It's a W1 State sedan with 6 wire wheels. I appreciate any info at all as I know nothing about these cars whatsoever. I just can't wait to get into it. Thanks again DS

• 7 months later...
Guest Good Old Days

Hello Dale!

Just saw your message about the President FB 1928!

I happen to own two of these, one older (1965)restoration and the other completly original, as it came from the factory!

A little more brown by now!

So if you have any questions about where is what or what colour it is, I might be able to help you. I can make pics for you if you like! We hesitate to restore it yes or no, it's so beautifull original and still runs well!

Please keep us posted about your car, would love to see some pics!

post-56819-143137988924_thumb.jpg

Guest Good Old Days

You're right Studemax!

I know about this forum, but since my interest is not only Studebaker, I like this forum very much, sorry.

I am a member from as well the SDC as the ASC with great pleasure, await the postman for every new issue!

But so many posts do already mention these clubs I assumed

it's known by now.

Very good you mentioned it anyway, a good shower will never hurt!

Hope to meet you there someday....

cool.gif

• 3 weeks later...
Guest dalestern

Hello and thank you very much. I love my '28 FB State Sedan. I believe that she was originally Meadow Green-belt panel / Granite Gray-upper side,moulding, fenders, roof / Sierra Gray- lower side. The car is mostly primer, but I found the meadow green on the car which is a beautiful arts and crafts olive green color, although I have no clue what Sierra gray, and Granite Gray look like. If I can find those, it's restoration time! I do know that it's a late '28 with the bigger engine, which runs very well. Anything that you can tell me about my '28 would be greatly, greatly appreciated. Thanks again, Dale

Guest Good Old Days

Dale,

I think your Meadow green is the same color as my father's FB's body.

It's a very nice color for the time, funny enough the Dictator we're working on had the same color! But we have chosen blue for that one, two from the same year and color is too much.

The brown FB is a special combination, the upper and lower side are the same brown, the fenders are bronze and the belt line is off white. I always thought the upper side was the dark one and the lower the light one from the two tone body.

But the buyer wanted it like this perhaps?

This is why I love the brown FB, you can see exactly how it was being done in the factory. Send me a PM and I'll send you some pictures.

Good luck!

Guest 1928DictatorGE

I thought I had read, perhaps on this lis, where there were Studebakers that were shipped to the dealer in primer and custom painted by the dealer per the customers wishes?

Also, I read on the list that the original color of the vehicle can be found under the back seat cushion.

Keith

Guest Good Old Days

Yes that's true. I found my colors under the back seat as well.

The green one comes from Norway originally, so it's possible it got painted there.

I have some old promotional material on film, showing the cars from 1928 rolling of the boat in Rotterdam, I see they have several colors.

But of course it's black/white so you can't be sure.

I once heard that paint chips for 1928 are not available and it's possible you could order a car in the color you wanted.

But if you look in the sales brochure or catalog, you can see different colors they used.

I'll check out the color names under my seats and get back to you.

Studebaker used some colors on several types like Dictator or Commander, perhaps to find out how your grey looks like you should try to find an owner from a grey 1928 model.

You can post it and see if you get any reactions.

Carine

p.s. send a picture please!

Guest dalestern

Here are photos of my '28 President taken by the previous owner. I haven't touched her other than starting her up and driving around the block once in a while. The meadow green is on the inside of the door. It's a dark mossy green, beautiful. The other colors I might find when i take off the primer. The dash was never wood grained, it was meadow green as well as the window trim pieces. She runs like a clock. I love this car, and can't wait to bring her back. DS

post-54345-143137992145_thumb.jpg

post-54345-143137992147_thumb.jpg

post-54345-14313799215_thumb.jpg

post-54345-143137992153_thumb.jpg

post-54345-143137992155_thumb.jpg

Guest Good Old Days

Great Dale!!

Thank you for posting the pics.

I think I've seen this one before on EBay. I have the photo's in my album, nice to know you got it now. I liked it when I saw it and only a few weeks later we bought the brown one from the picture above.

Runs great as well, only the tank is very dirty!

Let us know how you get along!

Carine cool.gif

Guest Good Old Days

Hi Dale!

Behind the back seat from my brown FB are the colors; Sable Brown V.A.I(?) and Old Ivory Y.D.K.

The entire car is brown and the fenders are old ivory.

The belt line is ivory white and the windows have the same old ivory on it.

My father changed the wood under the seat from the green FB, but the color used is the same as it was when it came from Norway.

I think your upholstery is the same color as mine is.

Now you have to make the decision to restore yes or no!

Well, good luck with that!

If you need one detailed pics let me know.

Carine

Guest dalestern

Yes, I must restore her as best as I can, using original materials as I can get them. It's funny, the upholstery looks more red in the picture than to the eye. I would love pictures of yours and any info about the car. You are the only person I know of with a 1928. We have to stick together. Also my email is Dalestern@aol.com Thank you my friend. DS

Guest Good Old Days

smile.gif

Dale, nice to hear you want to restore this fine automobile.

She certainly is worth it!

Hereby a picture from my upholstery, it's the same as yours I think. With the flash it looks a bit redish.

We have to stick together, people do on this forum, we meet and stick together.

There will be more owners from a President FB sedan I'm sure.

Can't wait to meet them as well!

cool.gif

Carine

post-56819-14313799275_thumb.jpg

post-56819-143137992752_thumb.jpg