throttle and light control levers

Guest martylum

Hi Down-I've restored a # of late 20s-early 30s Chrysler products and have a restored 30 Desoto roadster which i drive on tours. It too had the broken off light and hand throttle levers.

If your lever design is the same as the 30 Desoto or similar to a 29 Desoto, you could use the castings I had made in stainless to replace the original nickel plated leves on the 30 Desoto.

These are a direct replacement for the 30 Desoto and an indirect replacement for the 29 Desoto which had levers appearing the same but with a steel disk center core rather than a potmetal center core attaching to the tubes.

You need to pull the tubes lout of the steering box after loosening the locking nut below the light switch.

Once you remove the tubes, take a picture of the lever assembly remaining at the top of the tubes and e-mail to me. I think i can tell from the picture whether these castings will help you.

If you have a closed car, you'll need to remove the steering box to frame bolts to drop down the steering wheel end of the steering tube to get clearance unless your roof is missing.

Martin Lum

marty@oldercar.com

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...