Haynes Automobiles

Can someone help me find some history about The Haynes Automobile Company which was located in Indiana and incorporated May 25, 1898? I am specifically interested in the companies activities aroun November 1923 and when they stop producing automobiles. Thanks for your help.

• 2 weeks later...

A merger amoung Haynes, Winton and Dorris was rumored in 1923 but came to nothing. Instead Elwood Haynes began slashing his prices, advertising his $1295 Model 60 touring car for 1924 as the lowest-priced Haynes ever built. He did this because the company had financial problems. <BR>If I understood it correct the production was stopped in September of 1924 but by January of 1925, it had resumed but only on a temporary basis to tu use up stock on hand. About 200 broughams and sedans were the last Haynes cars. <BR>I found this in the Standart Catalog.<P>Tom

According to the Georgano encyclopedia,<BR>creditors petitioned the US District Court in September 1924 to have the firm declared<BR>bankrupt. Elwood Haynes died in April 1925.<BR>There was also discussions of a proposed merger with Apperson in 1924, but this came to nothing. Back in 1898-1901, Haynes-Apperson made cars before both companies went their separate ways.

Guest SalG (Sal Grenci)

To all, Folks from 3 continents on this one. What a site! And you can show everything to your mom! SalG smile.gif" border="0wink.gif" border="0

• 1 month later...