1965 Starfire Vacuum Hose Diagram - help!

Roy Starfire

• 13 years later...

I've got the same problem as what Roy posted. Does anyone have (or know where I can get one) a clear & complete diagram showing how to route all of the vacuum hoses for a 1965 Oldsmobile Starfire convertible with air conditioning? The shop manual I have does not have a diagram.

Your best bet is a late 60s parts manual. Those often have clearer drawings than the CSM. Keep in mind that the AC system is the same on all 1965 B and C body Olds, so if there's a diagram for 88 or Ninety Eight it will work for your Starfire. My 65 manuals are packed away so I can't look for you.

By all means stick around here, but also pose your question on classicoldsmobile.com . There are several 65 owners there as well as a retired Olds service tech who worked on these cars new and has an impressive set of parts and service literature.

Surprisingly, the HVAC hose diagram isn't in the 1965 Chassis Service Manual. It is in the Product Information Manual (also called the Assembly Manual). The bad news is that the PIMs for the full size cars are not reprinted and are very difficult to find. I have a 1967 B/C-body PIM, and the HVAC hose routing should be the same as for 1965.

1967 AC hoses.png