Greetings

Guest campolojr

Guest campolojr

Hey guys just saw your forum off google. Looks great I have a 88 reatta, and it was running real bad and I got a cam code and I replaced it and it still was running bad so I moved on from there and replaced the idle air cause I herd those go out and are faulty still didnt help so while it was running I dissconnected the map sensor and it ran fine so i went to the junk yard got one for 20 from a decent good running car and it ran better but still has a engine light but I dont have the reader anymore I borrowed it to a friend and my crt is out does anybody own a manual and could tell me how they say to check the cam postion sensor with a multimeter or something I am so mad at this point thanks

Hello and welcome to the forum! You have came t the right place to get help with your Reatta. There are lots of knowledgeable people here that are willing to help. Get started off right by going to http://www.reatta.net/docs.html

and sign up for the Reatta Field Service Manual. It's free and you can download it to your computer for reference when you are off line.

If you are looking for parts, such as the CRT, our good friend Jim Finn (jfinn@cpinternet.com) is a good source at reasonable prices.

Welcome!

Don't know how to check things without the CRT. Someone else here might.

As mentioned , jfinn@cpinternet.com has a multitude of parts available. Then there's Ebay. The last CRT I saw there went for $136.00... plus shipping... used. You can get yours repaired at Rex Service located in Worth, IL. for about $100.00 including shipping. If you live around there you can save the shipping by dropping it off. You'll have to call them first to get a repair order number prior to sending it in.

I've sent two different ones in and both have been working trouble free for the last few years.

Guest campolojr

Thanks for the welcome i will have to go check out that rex place i am in kenosha wi if anybody that lives close enough wants to be my savior and let me use there gm obd1 scanner grin.gif thanks for the links they will help me a ton especially that downloadable serive man thats awsome well another day of work on the re re ,haha my nickname for her when shes acting up

Did you reset the codes?

easy way is to pull the fuses for the ecm.

hard way is disconnect battery.

You don't need a code reader for obdI.

Jumper A&B on the aldl.

turn ignition to run.

Count the flashes of the SES.

The sequence always starts and ends with 12

For example(one code set):

flash pause flash flash = 12

flash flash flash flash pause flash flash = 42

OR (two codes set):

flash flash pause flash flash = 22

flash flash flash flash pause flash flash = 42

This is the honest to goodness God's truth.

This morning just before leaving home at about 9 AM I read the first message but didn't have time to reply. As I was driving home a few hours later I thought of this post and thought to myself, "this guy must be a Packer fan" with all the bad spelling, bad or no punctuation and sentences that all ran together and didn't make sense.

I got home and thought I would check the forum and when I read the last post saying the poster was from Kenosha I just laughed to myself.

Being at the moment in a feisty mood I just couldn't help but share my thoughts.

Maybe this is a relative of the person who sent me an email a few years ago saying "I was wantin to know what you was wantin for -------"

I guess I will loose a potential customer, oh well. smile.gif

P.S. Thank you to all who recommended me for parts especially the ones in the land of green and gold.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: campolojr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the welcome i will have to go check out that rex place i am in kenosha wi if anybody that lives close enough wants to be my savior and let me use there gm obd1 scanner grin.gif thanks for the links they will help me a ton especially that downloadable serive man thats awsome well another day of work on the re re ,haha my nickname for her when shes acting up </div></div>

Your savior is as close as your nearest AutoZone auto parts store. They will check it for Free.

For a while there I overstepped my bounds. I am backing off on picking on Viking Fans. Jim has what I need...parts. For a while there I thought I would have to dye my hair red, get a sex change, start smoking cigarettes, so I could quit to get parts out of the guy. I used to be a big Viking fan and used to root for them, especially when Bud Grant was coaching and their quaterback was #11 Joe Kapp. Was he a tough quarterback! Other players I liked were Tom Osborne,Gene Washington, Bill Brown,and of course the defense better known as the Purple People Eaters. But I grew out of it when I realized that the Vikes were nothing but heartbreakers, just like the Cubbies. I just follow the Pack, but no more nose rubbin for you Jim, even if you are still slow,ignorant, nieve, misguided, foolish, simple...

Guest campolojr

ok yes i do that sorry guys born and raised in wisconsin=beer bely & slur in speech. I will work on it. Vega thanks a couple of questions aldl is and which is a&b well i am sure it will say one i find it and where would the ecm fuse (guessing fuse box) be sorry my dad took it to work so i cant go look at it now. i will in the morning. How long do i leave the battery/fuse out /off. i tried that but i dont think i had the positive battery cable off long enough. thanks ang go packers and yes i may buy parts of you jim you had me crack up man i could picture it to perfect because i was thinking when i was writing it damn if anybody even remotely understood that i am gonna get some kinda crap for it hopefully this works out

Guest campolojr

nvm found out the aldl thing thanks now on to the fuses i need to pull and for how long i will leave them out overnight just to see

I was thinking the same thing, that Randy is very close by. Just that he is very busy with his new job. But a person could always send him a email and I'm sure when he checks in, he will respond.

OH grin.gif GO PACK GO smile.gif

Guest campolojr

ok wow those codes go fast cant do that firs thing in the morning i was so pissed screamin at it to go in slow mo then i got it . its code 41 again the cam sensor circuit i replaced the cam sensor and reset the comp but it went right back on

Guest campolojr

really that simple wow how many times has it came off on you and say i do this and it breaks off is it gonna mess something up if the whole magnet falls out the cam gear

Whoa, slow down there buddy. Type slower and then go back and proof read what you typed. It will be easier to respond to what you are asking. Regarding the magnet, it has been discussed that should the magnet drop into the gears that it would grind up with no damage as the cam magnet is mostly plastic and the gear and chain is steel. F-14 is a youger man with a lot of ambition regarding rebuilding his Reatta. Pretty much what he tells you is gold.

Guest F14CRAZY

There isn't any real weight or pressure on the cam sensor, the JB weld just holds it there. I understand you don't want to risk damaging your engine's internals, but I and pthers have done it and I haven't heard of any issues over the years.

The official way of doing it would require you to remove the harmonic balancer (I think), timing cover, and timing set (a lot of effort)

Guest campolojr

well i went to try it the way described in the link you gave me, and there was some hard like cardboard like stuff in there it hard to get out what did you guys use to get it out