RM auction results

CBoz

I was checking the RM auction results from Hershey, and it looks like the '39 convertible sedan of George Trickett's sold for $44K, which was probably less than expected. It was listed as having the original paint, which wasn't the case. Ironically, a 1958 Edsel convertible sold for the same price, though I bet I know which car the real Edsel would have preferred. Anybody attend the auction?

http://www.rmauctions.com/CarDetails.cfm?SaleCode=HF07&CarID=r176&Currency=

Also, it was interesting to see that the many brass era cars did very well. In particular, the 1911 Olds Limited that was in original but dilapidated condition sold for a whopping $1.65 million -- as much as a restored '29 dual cowl Duesenberg. Wow!

Boz ; I Thought Tricket's Lincoln Was Green in Color ,

The One RM Auctioned Off Shows A BLUE COLOR .. Do I Have

My Colors Mixed Up ??

Yes indeed Cecil, George started offering his convertible sedan at $100K some months ago, but he still got a lot more for the car than I did my conv.sedan in 1958, it's original engine was hopelessly tired, and I put a better '47 12 in it, had a new cheap top installed and sold it for $650, and made money on it!! Them definitly were the days

Well thanks for the offer Cece, it may well be lounging in storage in the San Fernando Valley, they were an interesting car, the convertible top actually had a headliner in it that went down with the top, this one was green and had brown leather upholstery that was in pretty good shape, the car was nly 19 years olsd, but like all Zephyrs in that time period, virtually worthless, I will try the pic again, I need a little frustration

post-51946-143137952683_thumb.jpg

CBOZ; You Are Probably Correct About The Sedan Of Tricketts

,It's No Longer listed on The For Sale Section .. His Cabrolet is Still Listed.. Don't Know where I got the Idea

It was Blue..Who Ever Bought it is probably Smiling Ear To Ear!! I Would have made him an Offer Above what He Got for The Car But His "Expected Price" Kind of Scared Me Off..By the Time He pays The Sellers Fee (What is It - Eight Percent?) He Really Sold It Cheap.Oh well,Maybe He Bought

it Back. Surprisingly He didn't Set A Reserve figure!