Baker chassis parts ?

Monday, my friendly scrap man will show me a Baker chassis of unknown vintage with solid rubber tires and Baker ID plates on it that he was instructed to CUT UP FOR SCRAP. If after looking at it, it looks to be of some value I will post further info here. Some other parts have been pushed into a pile so I don't know what to expect. Should be fun though. John Worden

• 2 weeks later...

The data plate says chassis# OE 11285 lot# 138 and load 2000 lbs. The patent dates are Mar 1 1904 Dec 1 1908 Feb 15 1910 and June 7 1910 I found pictures of a 1910 or so Baker truck with a chassis that looks somewhat like this one. Anyone have any parts? Had to be chain drive because there is no differenial. Drive sprockets are missing however. I own it but not sure what I'll do with it. How do you replace solid rubber tires? John Worden

John, your research is correct. Your vehicle is a Baker truck of the 1910 +/- era. To the best of my knowledge none of the Baker cars had solid tires. However, it was quite common for the trucks of that period to be so equipped. Sounds like it will make a very neat vehicle. Check your Antique Automobile magazine there used to be a company advertising in it that could re make your solid tires for you. I dont know if they are still there or not. Best of luck with it.