Kruse Auction At Hershey

There has been a few threads discussing the pros and cons of the most recent show, but I have not heard a mention of the Kruse Auction. I must say that since the auction has been running, I've enjoyed the theatrics. I've always thought the auction circuit was just a shell game with the cars changing hands back and forth. In spite of all of the hoopla, I found it entertaining after a long walk through the flea market. This year was different. I was embarrassed by the lack of both spectators and cars. We arrived around 8:30 PM (I think) and there were so few people in the area, that I thought it was over. The number of cars was minimal and the bidders even fewer. I went out to get a coke and the concession workers were standing with their arms folded with no customers. Was it because of the RM auction running at the same time, or has the buying public become tired of being insulted by Mr. Kruse???

Frank

I think some of the problem may have been the fact that they were only accepting auction cars that were valued at over $10,000. We attended the auction on Friday night and at the time we were there it seemed like a rather full arena - maybe they were about finished when you arrived.

We attended 2 nights of the auction after we had closed up our swap meet space. What had been cheap entertainment in the past has become a side-show embarrassment to a Grand Old Event. Hershey deserves better. The Kruse auction team knows so little about cars, it is hard to believe they do this for a living. I have heard the Silver auction company puts on a decent auction in Arizona that runs opposite the Barrett-Jackson side-show. Maybe it's time for a different company to try the Hershey event. Or we can continue to hear Dean tell the fading audience: "It's one of the Greatest on the Planet!" BTW, the impromptu concert held in the center of the Chocolate field is better entertainment. Esp. the drummer, who accumulates beer cans at his feet as the night wears on.

If the Kruse Auction was booted out of the Giant Center would there be enough room to display all the Pre 1916 cars on Saturday and therefore free up show field space for the 25 year old cars clogging the entry gate? They used to fit them inside the old staduim.