Can we authenticate our CRAFTSMAN'S LOG?? RSVP

Guest steveskyhawk

Guest steveskyhawk

Hi guys,

Somebody is selling copies of their Craftsman's Log on ebay which is OK but it makes me wonder how we can authenticate our own. Could everybody let me know how thiers looks and verify it's source. (original owner is best!) I have already looked at the posts that have the craftsman's names and departments so that was easy. The names on mine all jive. Q: What color is the paper? I've seen a light green and a gray. Q: What kind of pens were used? On the gray paper i've seen both blue and black ballpoint pen and on the green paper i've seen both blue and black/gray feltpen. If you are sure of authenticity pleas tell us if your car is a 90 or 91. Mine is a 91.

The craftsman log paper is grey, I know nothing about paper but it appears to have a pattern, which someone said was rag content in the paper.

Somewhere I have a list of most of the names that appeared on the logs. There are actually different names in the different catagories and they were signed with different pens and colors of ink.

Guest steveskyhawk

Barney,

I looked in the archives and have seen your list. All the names look to be authentic on both logs I have. Do the signatures look to be in ballpoint or Sharpie style finepoint? Anybody? I have one of each.

Unless the logs are on plain paper, I would assume they are authentic until proven otherwise....however, I don't think they have great value. The pen, flashlight and tire gage are the hard items to find.

I have an almost new '90 folder complete still in the original plastic bag. It looks like it has been out of the bag maybe 5 times. ( 3 by me ) I looked at the paper and also had my wife try and guess the color and we both came up with a grayish green. In some lights it looks grey and in some lights it looks green. One of the signatures is a bright blue and one is a darker blue. The rest are black with varing degrees of sharpness of the ball point pen.

I believe the pens were all the same from '88-91. I have several extra NOS pens and they match the pen in the above folder and also in an original '88 folder I have in one of my cars.