88 CRT Mystery

Hi,<BR> I don't know if it has a breaker or not, but you might check and see if it's possibly the CRT controller that controls the CRT, as it could be a suspect. I don't have the shop manual though, so I can't tell you the exact location of where it's located. Probably somewhere under the dash though.<BR> Or possibly the CRT tube is on the way out.<BR> I'm just guessing here, others here can tell you for sure. smile.gif" border="0

Almost hate to ask but... The CRT is intermitent. It comes and goes even when the car is sitting still. I happened to have key on and engine off when it did it once. there was a "click" (sound from direction of unit) and it was on...a couple of minutes later another click and it was off. It does not lose its presets, the touch screen works (thank God)and the screen is stable when it comes on until it goes off. Sometimes when driving and come on it will stick around for hours...mostly not. I have reseated all contacts mutiple times. Could there be a breaker in the unit itself? Love my Car, hate not having the best toy in it and hate to buy a new one when the prob is elsewhere. Thanks for your help...