Sign in to follow this  
Johns36chevy

Crosley Body Found

Howdy Gang,

Today I was clearing the scrap iron from some land for a fella and found a Crosley Body back in the weeds.

Here is are a couple of Pictures.

Can anyone help me ID what body style and the age might be.

John

click on the following link to view the photos

http://s88.photobucket.com/albums/k162/jeb72268/Crosley%20in%20the%20woods%2010-8-7/

and use password : 1964OLDS98

See, now the Crosley is way up off the ground, not rotted too awful bad, not mangled, and at the least some guy building a hot rod would love to have that body to build around. Same for the '20s cowl and stuff laying in front of it - apparently the front of the truck the Crosley sits on, it's not a Ford with those wood spoke wheels. The '52 Buick fastback probably isn't savable, but I see a lot of good parts left. The one 4-cyl is a Model T or A motor. I'd take all of it home if it was close to me. Even if a guy just needs a head off one of those motors, once it's scrapped where are you supposed to find one?

Hiya! That looks like a 1948 sedan. mechanical brakes, Cobra tin engine. Pretty far gone - hardly looks like amuch in the way of parts left.

Boy, some of these "car guys" are just lazy I guess. Thats right, throw it all away, but don't come back whining in 10 years when you can't find anything because it's all been recycled into structural steel beams in China.