whats this mg part worth

Guest b3e

can anyone tell me what is a tempeture sending unit with or without gauge , used in working condition worth. it fits a 1961 mga. it is the one with oil pressure section included. not sure if you can seperate them or not. have a person who wants to buy it and not sure what to sell it for. email shiftknob@gwi.net thanks for any help. skip.

The sending unit and the oil pressure switch are available new in aftermarket. (They can be seperated according to what I've read.) They're not very expensive, usually about $6 each. Used bits, unless there's some rarity and visual difference to the factory pieces (<span style="font-style: italic">and these are they</span>), would be worth a lot less. Some pieces can be quite valuable just because the correct color plastic is unavailable. I know of plastic "T" connectors for vaccuum lines in TR6s that sell in the $10-$20 range because they're white instead of grey or black. They'd better be mint in appearance to warrent the cost, however.

It's possible the "T" that connects the two has some value, however. I don't see where that's being remanned.

The gauge's value will be entirely based on it's cosmetic appeal if it's working. A working gauge that looks like new could be worth up to about $50, but $20 is more likely. An NOS unit recently sold on eBay (Buy It Now) for $130.