Website for Caddy Enthusiasts

I have a low mileage 1975 Eldorado Convertible that I am interested in selling. Does anyone have any suggestions on websites that would be a good for listing this car? I also have a 90 Reatta Coupe and really enjoy this website. cool.gif" border="0

Well if you really want to sell it, there are three places to try:<BR>1) Hemmings<BR>2) e-Bay<BR>3) AutoTrader<P>This is in decreasing order of likelihood of finding a suc^h^h^h earnest buyer.<P>"Blem wit" this is that the market is very soft at the moment and the month before April 15th is probably the worst time to sell a car. <P>Mid-May before graduation and when the booms are blooming, the trees are treeing, and the birds are birding is usually the best time to sell a convertible particularly a Great American Land Barge. Also since gas prices just spiked again, a 500 cid engine is Not a Good Thing unless you find someone who does not care.<P>Good news is that the 75-76 is probably the prettiest of that series - does yours have fuel injection ?

I am not ready to advertise it right now. I need to get it out of storage and clean it up, etc., etc. In answer to your question, it does not have fuel injection. It is a real nice low mileage car that has been pampered all of it's years. Unfortunately, these cars have actually declined in value in the 15 years or so that I've owned it and I'm getting tired of paying storage. I have more toys than garage space.

My mistake, I didn't consider the possibility that someone on the Reatta website may be interested in an Eldo convertible. I was actually hoping to find a Cadillac website similar to this one. Anyway, here goes:<BR>1975 Eldorado Convertible, Powder Blue metallic exterior, White Leather interior, white top, hard parade boot, (very sharp car) Approx. 75K miles (that's less than 3K per year), Factory AM/FM 8 Track,climate control A/C, Headlight sentinel, tilt/telescopic wheel, power seat, cruise, power antenna, power top, etc. This is a very ornate car. All of the knobs have gold cadillac wreaths on them, raised carved looking cadillac emblems in the interior wood trim, etc. I bought the car from the Mother of my wife's good friend who bought the car in 1975 as the second owner. They had always treated the car as a toy, storing it in Winter, having Cadillac do all of the service, etc. I got the opportunity to buy the car due to a divorce. When I bought the car, I replaced all of the belts and hoses, power steering seals, tranny fluid and filter, had the radiator recored, replaced the waterpump, fuel pump, rebuilt the carburetor, totally tuned it up including pick up unit, coil, etc. I replaced all rubber fuel hoses, even back at the tank. I installed new shocks, and I think brakes all the way around but maybe just one axle, can't remember. My intent was to make it totally reliable which it has been. I kept all of the old parts so that if someone was worried about originality that they could be reinstalled. Everything works including the power antenna and the mechanical digital clock. I have all factory manuals including chassis and body service manuals. My wife and I drove it on one 1,500 mile vacation and averaged 17 MPG. It gets low teens around town. It has a Beverly Hills car cover. I have never put tires on it so it obvioulsy should have tires before being driven much. It has been stored off-site for probably the last 5 years with just occasional Summer sunny day use. The asking price is $8,000. My email address is usgreens1@aol.com or respond to this website if anyone is interested. cool.gif" border="0

By the way Barney, I didn't realize that not trying to sell a Cadillac Eldorado on a Buick Reatta website was an idication of questionable intelligence. If you notice, the topic was not "Cadillac for sale". My original post was requesting information on a "more relative" web site to post this car after I get it out of storage. Who knows, maybe your right!

Have found that the members of this list tend to have much broader interests than, say, the GN list. Have had two Cadillacs myself at various times - both 67s - one an Eldorado and the other a Fleetwood Brogham (with picnic tables in the back). In fact my front garage was specifically sized to fit a 221" Caddy (can fit two maxi-stretches in the back).<P>Have always had a certain attachment for GALBs, particuarly drop-tops & am suffering from convertible withdrawal at the moment. Had been considering converting my Fiero or finding another FIAT 124 but a nice 75 Eldo might come close.

Is this a relevent Reatta topic???? "Yous" guys better watch out for our web mistress... she doesnt like these off-subject discussions. grin.gif" border="0

Meeowch, everyone. Catty remarks all around, or Caddy ones anyway. If you were all sitting in a room together, you'd be more polite.

Padgett, it seems that we must have similar tastes in cars. I had a 70 Caddy Limo for several years. I also currently have an 86 Fiero V6 4spd along with a 68 GTO Convertible 4 spd, a 68 Chevelle SS396 4spd, a 90 reatta coupe, and quite a few other not as interesting cars. I think my 75 Eldo convertible would fit right in at your place. What do we need to do to make that happen? cool.gif" border="0

Really have two major issues:<BR>1) both garages are full at moment<BR>2) it does not have optional FI<BR>So thank you for the offer but will need to pass.<P>Burkie is a NewYorker so do not be offended. He was also censored recently but I missed that.<P>Personally feel newsgroups are more like social clubs so deviations/personalities can be ignored and even encouraged by regulars.<P>Besides, members do not need to read every posting though perhaps an "ob: Reatta" line is needed.<P>Will mention one of the oddities of the '75 GM line: that was the first to use Catalytic Converters. Was the pellet type and was fitted with a drain on the bottom. <BR>Application of a 3/4" hex wrench could result in about 25-30 more hp and the loss of all catalytic capability. By '78 the drain was replaced by a sealed plug.