fuel pump

recon

Guest mongeonman

I had a similar problem,took to much time to start,what i had to do to get it to start faster was to crank it for 2 seconds,turn it off and crank again and it would start right a way.Could not find what was wrong,the other day i changed the ICM cause it was leaking a grey paste and it cured the starting problem.

Try turning the key to the "run" position for two or three seconds before turning the key to "start". When you first turn the key to "run" the ECU turns on the fuel pump for a few seconds to build pressure in the fuel rail and then turns off. Give it a little time to build pressure before starting.

Also don't hold the gas pedal down while starting. If you do the ECU will go into "clear flood" mode and shut down the amount of fuel that is injected.

Guest imported_barra

I had the same problem. It turned out to be the ECM that needed replaced. The temperature gauge read 140 degrees when it was winter and the fuel injection system delived enough fuel to start the engine at that temperature. Using the preceedures described in the other posts got it started for a while before it needed towed.