91 Reatta leather binder

Guest steveskyhawk

Guest steveskyhawk

Hi All,

My car came without the leather binder and manual etc.

Does anybody have this stuff for sale?

Could sombody post some pictures of what you got with a new Reatta? I'd like to see the pen and tire guage etc. Wasn't there somthing else in that binder?

steve

The zippered folder was about 9X11 and came with the owners manual. Also include were a signed craftsman's log, a script pen, tire gauge and flashlight. A small Reatta note tablet and some spaces with blank cards for the salespersons and service advisors business cards. A Reatta road atlas and a small Reatta brochure showing pictures of the car being built.

I have available a used complete folder with a '91 owners manual.

I also have available the identical complete folder with a '90 owners manual. This one is new still in the black plastic bag it came it. It looks to me like it was opened once by the owner of the car, he inserted the original window sticker for a Maui blue coupe and then never opened the folder again.

In the past few years I have seen these folders go for over $ 350 on Ebay.

I can be reached at jfinn@cpinternet.com

And there have not been any on Ebay for a loooong time....especially one in exceptional condition. As a matter of fact...I keep a keen eye on ebay and new or near new/pristine parts of any kind have been in veeeery short to nil supply for over 6 months or so.....drying up maybe? Have also noticed that the dismantlers have not been busy with the Reatta.....an exception of course are the few that are on the Vikings boycott list and they don't count....

When it comes down to the nitty gritty, Jim Finn is the man to count on smile.gif.

(I am buying parts from him as I write this .... for my accident damage smile.gif )

Just fyi...I bought an unopened new zippered binder in the original sleeve on e-Bay a few years back. Paid $260 for it. The proceeds went to the Sloan Museum. Never taken out of the wrapper. Will sell it now for $22,900, but will include a '91 convertible with 30K miles.;-)

A shame when the trinkits are worth more than a running beatter reatta. It is the same with old motorcycle trinkets. Try and buy an orginal cast iron toy motorcycle from the 30's. ken