Most guys use a universal puller. Make sure you get a good heavy duty one, those hubs wedge together on a taper and grow together over the years and it takes quite a puller to get them loose.

When you take the hub nut off turn it over and put it back on flush with the end of the axle. This saves you from mushrooming the end of the axle and also stops the hub from flying across the shop like a guided missile.

I have seen on another website where on man manufactured his own puller. A generic three armed puller that will capture three of the studs on the brake drum, if stout 'nuff, may do the job. I have also been told that it was common for active mechanics of the genere to back off the castellated nut a couple of turns, replace the cotter key and very carefully drive to the nearest large parking lot and drive in circles until the drum pops loose. Never tried it my self. Have used a little heat on the drum and some wd-40 on the shaft and nut, and using a hub/drum puller all at the same time.

As an old Chrysler dealer mechanic I warn you now about protecting the axle threads. The puller you are about to use (and that is all of them) press on the end of the axle shaft. It was quite a common occurrence to have to fix the axle after someone peened it over.

Snap-on use to make a tool that looked like an axle nut. It was designed like a nut with a washer on one end. The tool was screwed on the axle till it bottomed out. Then the puller screw was placed on the washer end. It was impossible to screw up the threads if you used the tool to protect the axle. Otherwise good luck repairng the axle.

NAPA sell the correct puller. The local store will probably have to order one as they don't get much call for one. THe reason for a special puller is simple. The five bolt pattern of the rear drum is not the same as the bolt patter on a three bolt puller. It a case of needing the right tool for the job.

A universal 3 arm puller should work fine. The universal pullers made by Owatonna and other reputable tool companies were designed to fit any 4, 5 or 6 bolt pattern with a wide range of bolt circle diameters.

As has been stressed previously, be sure to invert the retaining nut and screw it down flush on the axle. Also, after you have tensioned the puller as tight as you can, be sure to hit it with the heaviest hammer you can find. A couple of really heavy blows are potentiallly less damaging to the axle than many blows with a light hammer.