Burled Walnut Dash

Anyone have a clue on where the Burled Walnut dash inserts came from as shown on "owners cars" on reatta.net? Hey Barney, are you out there?<BR>Thanks, Sandy

Barney here....I try to keep quiet when everyone is doing such a great job of helping. I also learn a lot when I keep quiet.<P>Look at the picture of the Riviera dash posted under the recent "remote" posting.

The Riviera for 1989 had wood-grained dash and console trim that was almost identical to the Reatta's. If you were to find these pieces, you would be able to change the main dash trimplates, and the console trim to the woodgrain with no problem. The only piece that would require some modification would be the cassette trim piece, as the Riviera did not have the lamp retract and fog light buttons that the Reatta was equipped with, and as such has no openings for them. The door trim would not be compatible, so you would have to live with the black brushed metal runnung along the door pull to the tweeter. You should be able to find a junker with an '89 Riviera with little difficulty.<P> 89rivdash.jpg <P>As a possible update, The New York Auto Show is coming up in the next 2 weeks, and as I recall there has always been a number of aftermarket vendors there with wood trim kits... I will make inquiries as to the price and availibility of kits for our cars for those members who are interested in making the switch.<p>[ 03-20-2002: Message edited by: RawjaNYC ]

Hi Guys. I can't thank you enough for all the neat postings last nite and today. Since my wife is outa town and I had nothing to do, I called about eight yards in town (Tucson) and found a '90 Riviera. I got the console, ashtray, glove pocket, and instrument cluster for fifty bucks. Oh yeah, also got the lite switches in the deal. I am presently trying to switch out the dimmer and fog lamp as the new (junker) switch had a twilight sentinel where the fog lamp is. The console changeover was easy, but the headlamp switch I should have left alone. Oh well, I love the burled walnut. Thanks again. By the way, anyone need these black trim pieces? I can cut ya a swinging deal. Lexor grin.gif" border="0

Guest kennyw

DID the switch with my 88 looks much better. Save the black orginals for the next buyer. Worth more to you when selling the car than now...............Ken

Guest C.F.Massie

BarryJ,<BR>Try looking in a salvage yard for an 89 Riviera. I found one with the walnut dash and it was a perfect fit on my 89 Reatta, except for the cassette deck trim which I modified to fit around the fog lamp and headlight retract switches. I paid $15.00 for all the trim pieces and they were in beautiful condition. My dash looks pretty sharp now, too bad the Reatta didn't come with this as an option when new. Good Luck