Determining model years in old photos......

Can anyone help in the identification of model years from old photos? I am an architect trying to date changes to a historic building. The only real clue in these photo are two antique autos, likly 1930s or earlier.<P>If you reply, I will email you the images (.jpg format). The photos aren't too large. Thanks!

If you send the photos to Peter Gariepy at<BR>peterg@aaca.org, he can post them for everyone to see and comment on. My guess is that a number of people on this forum can help you once they see the photos.

Hello Mr. Gariepy:<BR> <BR>As you see, Mr. Fitch suggested that I write you. I am working on the Staats House in South Bound Brook, NJ. In 1778-1779 it was the headquarters for General Von Steuben during the Revolutionary War. Von Steuben was key in making the Continental Army a professional fighting force and, therefore, help secured our independence. It a pleasure to work on such an important site.<BR> <BR>I write because you might help in identifying the model years of these vehicles. Doing so will help us date certain architectural changes to the building. I realize that these photos are grainy but your expertise in dating the vehicles is far greater than mine. Any insight will be appreciated.<BR> <BR>Thank you,<P>Michael Calafati mc@hba-llc.com<P> staatscar1a.jpg <P> staatscar2a.jpg<p>[ 06-26-2001: Message edited by: peterg ]

I would say the car is roughly mid to late '20s. But remember that doesn't tell you the year the picture was taken, as that car could have been there anywhere up into the '30s as well, or possibly even later. And THAT car does not look to be too new in the pictures. ~ hvs